Turn Off Ads?

Thread: We can not win with Adam Dunn

We can not win with Adam Dunn

I hope that the team leadership realizes that Adam Dunn is not going to be a productive player in the clutch, strikes out to much, is a liability in the field, and struggles to do more then hit homeruns. For what we pay for Dunn we can get a productive outfielder and a middle of the rotation starter. How many times this year has done come up with the chance to produce in the clutch and failed. How many times has Dunn been the guy who stops rallies from happening by striking out or have a non-productive at bat. I have had enough, let's move on. Homeruns are great but in this ballpark we can bring in a 15 homerun guy and watch him hit 30. Please trade him for pitching, it's the best chance we have.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We can not win with Adam Dunn

yeah, adam dunn is the reason the reds suck.

what a bunch of crap.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by runfreelrun View Post
    I hope that the team leadership realizes that Adam Dunn is not going to be a productive player in the clutch, strikes out to much, is a liability in the field, and struggles to do more then hit homeruns. For what we pay for Dunn we can get a productive outfielder and a middle of the rotation starter. How many times this year has done come up with the chance to produce in the clutch and failed. How many times has Dunn been the guy who stops rallies from happening by striking out or have a non-productive at bat. I have had enough, let's move on. Homeruns are great but in this ballpark we can bring in a 15 homerun guy and watch him hit 30. Please trade him for pitching, it's the best chance we have.
    I cant wait to see the Reds have an outfield of Denorfia, Griffey and Freel.
    The Reds can have Hopper or Wise on the bench that way everyone will fear the Reds lineup.

You can't blame Adam Dunn alone for a team-wide slump.

It's not fair.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    yeah, adam dunn is the reason the reds suck.

what a bunch of crap.
    It must be hard for Dunn to field all of the outfield, infield and pitch at the same time.

Redleg on tobacco road

He has also had some walk-offs that won games earlier in the year and he was all of our hero's.

Wrong.

I don't think they can win with Dunn as the centerpiece, but he certainly can provide a lot of value.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I cant wait to see the Reds have an outfield of Denorifa, Griffey and Freel.
    The Reds can have Hopper or Wise on the bench that way everyone will fear the Reds lineup.
    Griffey can't help- he was forced into retirement on the other thread, in order to make way for Wise and Hopper to play. So now, they'll have Deno, Freel and Wise. Yeah, that sounds like a winner!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by runfreelrun View Post
    Well, that's certainly 1 opinion.

Realistically, what would we get for trading our best player? What pitching do you really hope to obtain for Adam Dunn?

Adam Dunn is the best talent the Reds have seen since the BRM, why can't we just sit back and watch this kid as he puts together a HOF caliber career in front of our eyes? Why watch him do it for some other team, and us get squat in return?

Keep Adam Dunn

These threads are great.

Turn Off Ads?