Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

Anibal Sanchez

He's pitching VERY well thru 8 innings.

He has been alittle wild though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anibal Sanchez

I love the Fish. Theo The Wonder Boy just didn't have a great off season.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

What a finish. Great for him.

i. am. dead.

I was paralyzed those last 4 innings.. I couldnt move even if I wanted to. He was that special tonight.
    woo woo woo, you know it

Enjoy this, Ramp.

As I said in the other thread, if the Reds can't win the Wild Card I can't think of anyone I'd rather see get it than Florida.

That group of youngsters is what the game of baseball is all about.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Aren't we due for a perfect game sometime soon? It's been since Randy Johnson, right? (I realize these things are not on a timed schedule, but come on boys.)

Who's your pick to be the next?

I'm still gunning for Mussina. He's been so close more than once, and he's aging very well.

edit: and I think Zambrano could be a good pick too, with his strikeout fetish, if he got in a zone.

wow I really need to get back to work over here.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

The Marlins deserve to win the wild card, I hope they do it. That team is absolutely loaded - they will win another world series within the next three years, IMO.

Haunted by walks

I think this no-hitter was tainted because the hitters aren't on steroids anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Aren't we due for a perfect game sometime soon? It's been since Randy Johnson, right? (I realize these things are not on a timed schedule, but come on boys.)

Who's your pick to be the next?

I'm still gunning for Mussina. He's been so close more than once, and he's aging very well.

edit: and I think Zambrano could be a good pick too, with his strikeout fetish, if he got in a zone.

wow I really need to get back to work over here.
    There are only 17 official perfect games. Kind of interesting that 8 of them have come since 1980.

The link shows baseball-almanac's list.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/pitching/piperf.shtml

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I can't help route for a team whos payroll is 15 million.. 15 Million!! They were once 20 games under 500 in May and now a game over in September. The owner critizies the manager Joe Girardi, but the guy is getting everything out of those guys who for the most part made their major league debut this season. Sanchez was in AA when he was called and has pitched lights out his first couple of starts when all the hype was on Jered Weaver and he was doing the same thing.. think he started 6-0.. now 7-2 with a no-hitter. Unreal! They have top tier prospects from other organizations like Rameriez, Petit, Olsen, Kensing, Sanchez, etc.. You can't help but to route for these guys!

PS: Bring the Marlins to Charlotte, North Carolina!!!!

The Marlins start guys like Sanchez and we're getting guys like Kim and Mays off the scrap heap.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Yesterday was a two-Sanchez wallop. Everytime a Sox-Reds trade rumor cropped up last year, I was lobbying for Anibal Sanchez. Also, Jonathan Sanchez pitched in the Reds' back yard at Ohio Domincan. He had good stuff, sterling numbers and a projectible frame. How could the Reds miss a guy like that?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

How could the Reds miss a guy like that?
    I have to wonder the same thing, although every other team missed him for 26+ rounds, and he was just as close to Cleveland. That's the draft....
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    You're right about no timetable. There have been stretches of decades and then a few over a couple/few years.

Here's a link to the history of the perfect game

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/pitching/piperf.shtml

Interestingly, there were two in the National League in 1880 and then not another until Bunning had his in 1964 and followed by Koufax a year later. Then not again for 23 years when Browning through his.

Yay!

Marlins - 4 no-hitters
    Mets - none
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?