Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dunn gone this winter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is Dunn gone this winter?

Does anyone else get the feeling that Dunn could be gone this offseason? Krivsky's shown that he's more than willing to make a controversial move, and in recent comments he made to some of the ESPN announcers, he bluntly stated that the big guys in the middle of the order (Griffey and Dunn) have not produced like management thought they would. I would not be surprised in the least if Dunn were shipped out in order to bring more important pieces to this club. Now obviously this would drain the offense of a lot of power, and maybe they wait to deal Dunn until Votto, Bruce and other's are ready to come in and offset some of the power loss. I'm not going to go so far as to predict that Dunn will be gone, but I think that Krivsky also realizes that the core of this team is flawed, and I don't think he would hesitate to make a move to bolster other parts of this team significantly. Now I'm not stating one way or another whether I would want Dunn gone, it most certainly depends on who we're talking about trading him for. I just really see Krivsky making major moves this winter, and this just might be one of them.

Re: Is Dunn gone this winter?

I think Wayne will attempt to trade Dunn this winter. I just hope he can get a good return for him.

I think Dunn very well could be dangled, but I hope Krivsky realizes that this team is not far from going from a power happy team to a power poor team. Griffey is in steep decline. Dave Ross will likely not hit 20 homers next year. Same with Aurilia. If Dunn is traded, and you have to believe that pitching would be part of the package, I would want a solid corner OF coming back as well.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

WK will deal Dunn to the Astros for a young pitcher, Luke Scott, and Burke.

Just a guess.

I would hope they don't. I know Dunn seems one dimensional to many, but I'd hate to let him go and then see Frank Robinson redux (I know they're different types of players).

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I would hope they don't. I know Dunn seems one dimensional to many, but I'd hate to let him go and then see Frank Robinson redux (I know they're different types of players).
    I hate this arguement for keeping Dunn. Who cares how good he may get? If you get the right deal for him (solid ML starter, solid OFer, top level pitching propspect) you do it.

Whether or not we can get that deal is another story. I try. If there's no takers, keep him.

If you trade Dunn I would hope you have someone besides Denorfia to replace him.

I would think Wayne would look for a relatively cheap outfielder to replace him with. I'm not sure he looks for power though. He'll most likely grab a good defensive outfielder and slide Griffey to a corner with Freel and Deno manning the other side. Either way, I think the offense takes another hit when Dunn leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    If you trade Dunn I would hope you have someone besides Denorfia to replace him.

that was the major problem when we traded kearns. dunn should have been dealt because of a better return. i was all for trading dunn before pena and kearns were dealt but not now. we have nobody outside of griffey that is a true power threat that plays the outfield. even though dunn isn't a complete player he is a true power threat that we must keep.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Dunn may not be Ryan Howard but he will get 100 rbis & score 100 runs.

We need a 3/4/5 punch in the lineup for 2007.
    Encarnacion can bat 3rd or 4th.
    Dunn can bat 5th.
    Griffey is NOT a #3 hitter - he should be ~6th/7th.
    Right now we need another offensive stud ( ?? Tori HUnter ).
    If we trade Dunn we will need 2 offensive studs.

- Will

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Dunn may not be Ryan Howard but he will get 100 rbis & score 100 runs.

We need a 3/4/5 punch in the lineup for 2007.
    Encarnacion can bat 3rd or 4th.
    Dunn can bat 5th.
    Griffey is NOT a #3 hitter - he should be ~6th/7th.
    Right now we need another offensive stud ( ?? Tori HUnter ).
    If we trade Dunn we will need 2 offensive studs.

- Will

An offensive stud, in my opinion, makes far better contact than Dunn does and bats atleast .280.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    An offensive stud, in my opinion, makes far better contact than Dunn does and bats atleast .280.
    Yeah like Reggie Jackson... no strike that, .262 and all those K's.. Ok... Mike Schmidt.. darn, .267, Killebrew then... umm wait.. .256, Ok... Frank Howard then.... shoot, .273.

Dunn to Detroit for RHP Jermey Bonderman.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

How u doin

What I want roster to look like if we trade dunn

cf.Hunter
    rf.Freel
    lf.Griffey
    1b.hatteberg
    2bPhillips
    3b.EE
    ss.Aurrilia/unless we can land alex gonlez

If the Reds are going to trade him, this off-season is the most likely time.

Turn Off Ads?