Turn Off Ads?

Thread: look on the bright side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

look on the bright side

at least the reds waited till football season this time till they decided to drop out of the race, so it wont hurt as much because we have the bengals now to take our minds of the reds

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: look on the bright side

Wouldn't looking on the bright side be something like: "Hey, there are still 22 games left to make up the 4.5 games we're back in the wild card race!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337 View Post
    Wouldn't looking on the bright side be something like: "Hey, there are still 22 games left to make up the 4.5 games we're back in the wild card race!" ?
    Well, I thought the same that it was nice of them to stick around til football started. Usually July and August are terrible months to be a Reds/football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337 View Post
    yea i wish that would happen but unfortunately i dont think we can with this team

I was trying to look back at what folks were saying after we got trounced on Opening Day. Remember that cold bleak day so long ago? Apparently though only selected threads are archived, so I can't find anything on it.

I did find the MLB predictions thread, predicting a 4th place finish behind St. Louis, Houston and Milwaukee. They wrote:

4. Cincinnati Reds - Do I think the Reds will be a factor in the division? No. Do I think they'll finish above .500? No. But I do expect a 2nd half run from this club after it commits to more youth and makes a few more trades.
    We'll see how the season ultimately plays out, but they missed on the youth movement and I'm betting they missed on the standing placement too. And "a few more trades" is quite an understatement.

The bright side to me as that I'm actually looking forward to the postseason and next season. For the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic about the future, thanks largely to new ownership.

If this were 2005, I'd be extremely disappointed that we blew a great opportunity to make the playoffs, especially during a weak year in the NL that probably won't happen again anytime soon. And I'd fully expect to fall back into the years-old funk the Reds have been in.

But with Bob Castellini and the new ownership group, I'm excited about the progress we made. I think Bob got a taste of winning during his first year as a majority owner, and by all accounts, he liked that feeling. He's going to want to sustain it, so I expect him to help Krivsky fill the holes the team has.

No matter what does or doesn't happen this season, I'm already looking forward to spring training.

Turn Off Ads?