Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Griffey Sr. talks openly about the Reds

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Griffey Sr. talks openly about the Reds

Our latest edition of the show was posted tonight. Sr. was able to join us from his home in Orlando.

Ken talks about the fans dismay with the Reds coaching staff. He also digs into the Reds Minor Leagues and talks about the job Wayne Krivsky is doing. We also had a great conversation about Edwin Encarnacion and his parallel to a fellow Big Red Machine Star. You won't want to miss this show!

Our next show will be comprised of mostly Redszone questions. Stay Tuned!

We are still in need of donations. All donations go directly to the production of the show. Every dollar counts! Just click on the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column ofour web site. Thank you in advance. Listen to the show for details on our special E-Bay auction.

www.baseballontheweb.com
    Last edited by Team Clark; 09-08-2006 at 12:26 AM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey Sr. talks openly about the Reds

I would guess that EE parallels Tony Perez?
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I would guess that EE parallels Tony Perez?
    No. I'm not going to give it away. Listen to the podcast for the answer.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

TC - really great show. I hope it succeeds to whatever degree you are hoping!
    Have you thought about individual sponsors for each show?
    (this podcast is nrought to you by XXXX)??

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    TC - really great show. I hope it succeeds to whatever degree you are hoping!
    Have you thought about individual sponsors for each show?
    (this podcast is nrought to you by XXXX)??
    Yes we have. We have been talking to people but it's hard to separate people from their $$$. We would be happy to have shows sponsored for a nominal amount. That's why we keep asking for donations as well. Even a $5 donation helps us. If you know of anyone who is interested let me know.
    Cedric 3/24/08

All I have to say is the only reason Griffey Sr.'s name is so eye catching is because of Griffey Jr.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    All I have to say is the only reason Griffey Sr.'s name is so eye catching is because of Griffey Jr.

Yeah...... 19 Seasons in the Big Leagues, 2 World Championships, 3 ALL Star selections, an All Star Game MVP and 2,000+ hits can really diminish a guy's career.

(He was also given a '90 WS Ring and a full WS share)
    Last edited by Team Clark; 09-08-2006 at 02:00 PM.
    Cedric 3/24/08

TC, I got a chance to listen to the whole program this afternoon. Another well done effort.

And there's been a bunch of folks who have checked out the eBay auction you mentioned in the Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Yeah...... 19 Seasons in the Big Leagues, 2 World Championships, 3 ALL Star selections, an All Star Game MVP and 2,000+ hits can really diminish a guy's career.

Griffey Sr. was a TERRIFIC all-around player talent-wise and as a competitor. It was always fun to watch him play. Even with the Yankees I remember him hitting a walk-off single after a really skilled, long at bat (must have been 12 pitches)--you could see his knees were killing him but he hung in. He was a winner. Period. Fun to watch.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post

Word.

Another great piece, TC. I especially liked the little bit where he told the Big Klu story. I like the technical/fundamentals type discussions but I really light up when I hear a good baseball story like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Word.

Another great piece, TC. I especially liked the little bit where he told the Big Klu story. I like the technical/fundamentals type discussions but I really light up when I hear a good baseball story like that.
    Thank you. I like the technical stuff because it is rarely talked about. Well, at least by people who really know what is going on anyway. At the same time, I am a fan of Baseball and will always listen to a good "Baseball Story". We get a lot of good response to these podcasts. We try to include something for everyone.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?