Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Went to the game tonight

  1. #1
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Went to the game tonight

    Sat on the third base side just beyond the dugout about 10-12 rows up. Been awhile since I have sat more than one section away from Home Plate. I really liked those seats. One of these days if/when I get fired, I'd like to get season tickets around that area.

    I took my wife and daughter along. My daughter is crazed with Baseball. Her favorite player is Albert Pujols. She can't say his last name without giggling. Which of course makes me laugh too.

    A camera man came down and tried to get my daughter on the Big Screen. She wouldn't do it so they did a nice fade in to the cute baby behind us. I thought that was odd for my daughter since our digital camera has about 100 self portraits of her on the memory card. Then the Bally's Flex cam filmed the 4 guys behind us. And Finally... My wife and I got to do the Kiss Cam. I had my D-Rays shirt on to make sure I was representin'. We really had a great time. I called both of Javy's bombs. I put a call out for EE to hit one but he got drilled. So I ended up 2 for 3. My wife always says "you're ridiculous"... I just tell her I am just doing my job.

    Great time at the park. Sad to see so few on a Friday night but it is HS Football Season. I may have to go tomorrow since I am on a 5 game win streak.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 09-08-2006 at 11:49 PM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    "Let's Roll" TeamBoone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,840

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Nice post, TC. Darn, I wish I'd seen the Kiss Cam. We went Wednesday; I don't think you were there.

    UC had a football game tonight too... they only drew about 20,000 but considering the fall quarter doesn't start for a couple more weeks, I guess that's not too bad.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

  4. #3
    Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Illinios
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    I was there too. Section 423. Good game, had a good time. I'm going tomorrow. I'll be in section 419. JV had a great game, I was impressed with his ability with the bat. His double was close to going out too. This was my second game this season, I'm 1 and 1.

  5. #4
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Nice post, TC. Darn, I wish I'd seen the Kiss Cam. We went Wednesday; I don't think you were there.

    UC had a football game tonight too... they only drew about 20,000 but considering the fall quarter doesn't start for a couple more weeks, I guess that's not too bad.
    Married or not I'm kissin' you on Kiss Cam Baby!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  6. #5
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I was there too. Section 423. Good game, had a good time. I'm going tomorrow. I'll be in section 419. JV had a great game, I was impressed with his ability with the bat. His double was close to going out too. This was my second game this season, I'm 1 and 1.
    How about Rich just peelin' off those hits? I'd say he's locked in.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,006

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    We really had a great time. I called both of Javy's bombs. I put a call out for EE to hit one but he got drilled. So I ended up 2 for 3. My wife always says "you're ridiculous"... I just tell her I am just doing my job.
    WOW! This situation sounds exactly like mine tonight! Except I said "I just wish Eddie could get one." Then he got hit. I called that Javy would hit one, then he did. Then I specifically called the 2nd one (and won a friendly wager with my gf ) I did have a one up though. Pregame I told her I had a good feeling about Lohse. "I bet he goes 7 or 8, 1 run." After the first two innings I knew I wasn't getting the 8 innings, but I was darn proud of my great night (and the Reds).

    Of course, my gf says, "You're ridiculous." That must be a girl thing.

  8. #7
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    WOW! This situation sounds exactly like mine tonight! Except I said "I just wish Eddie could get one." Then he got hit. I called that Javy would hit one, then he did. Then I specifically called the 2nd one (and won a friendly wager with my gf ) I did have a one up though. Pregame I told her I had a good feeling about Lohse. "I bet he goes 7 or 8, 1 run." After the first two innings I knew I wasn't getting the 8 innings, but I was darn proud of my great night (and the Reds).

    Of course, my gf says, "You're ridiculous." That must be a girl thing.
    There must have been something in the stars! I wish I would have know you were going. Always wanted to meet you.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  9. #8
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Love this thread right now.... finally some people that will go out to the ballpark and root on our team instead of sitting at home on the computer and criticize them.... I left my campus tonight for the game and will be back sunday behing the dugout..... amazing how a stubborn college kid has more faith than most of the people on here who claim to be fans but abandon the team once they hit a losing streak...


    Thank you to all of those that are keeping the faith, and even if they have lost the faith, still come out to the ballpark and support our beloved team. Whether they win or not, BELIEVE ME, they are trying.... Go reds and see you all at the park.

  10. #9
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    TC, my wife and I went down to Newport on the Levee for dinner and had planned on a movie. We did think about last minute jumping over to the game, but decided on the movie instead. The Levee was not terribly crowded and I assumed it was because of Friday night football too.

    (BTW, we saw a fun movie, Little Miss Sunshine. Very funny, touching movie - one caveat, if you are skittish about language and such, you probably won't like it. We recommended it to our 18 year old son with one caveat too - don't take Alan Arkin seriously - if you see the movie, you'll know what I mean!)

  11. #10
    You're soaking in it! MartyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,344

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    TC, my wife and I went down to Newport on the Levee for dinner and had planned on a movie. We did think about last minute jumping over to the game, but decided on the movie instead. The Levee was not terribly crowded and I assumed it was because of Friday night football too.

    (BTW, we saw a fun movie, Little Miss Sunshine. Very funny, touching movie - one caveat, if you are skittish about language and such, you probably won't like it. We recommended it to our 18 year old son with one caveat too - don't take Alan Arkin seriously - if you see the movie, you'll know what I mean!)
    I've heard from everyone I know who has seen this film how great it it...going to take the wife before the Bucks put the beat down on Texas tonight.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

  12. #11
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Just got back from Saturdays game. In the spirit of the thread I thought I'd share.

    My father and I have a 20 game mini-package. As a thank you the reds sent us both a $25 gift certificate for merchandice or food at GABP. So that was a nice gesture. On the way into the stadium I commented that we should try to see if we could upgrade our seats.

    Our normal steats are in section 435 which is in the lower portion of the upperdeck, just over 1/2 between 1B and the foul poll. They are fine seats with a clear view of the entire field (expcept you have to stand to see into the RF corner). We'd like to move closer to home plate next year but overall pretty decent seats.

    Tonight we upgraded to the Club Home Seats. My father decided to treat and was in a festive mood. It was a $90 upgrade (yikes) but what great seats. They were to the RF side of home plate just in front of the luxury boxes. Padded seats, waiters, etc. Also it was the hot zone for foul balls which I like.

    We enjoyed our traditional pregame meal at the Machine room and "paid" with one of our gift certificates. I used mine to buy a reds 3/4 t-shirt. We also got our traditional 5th inning snack (I paid, least I could do....).

    The point of all this is despite the Reds fading away the entertainment value is still there. You know ownership is working hard to put a winning orginization and team together. While all of those peices aren't always perfect or understood, I still have the confidence that we are headed in the right direction. There is no way in the world we would have spent the extra money on the seats if we felt the Reds weren't providing us some level of entertainment value and the orginization was still stuck in it's "culture of ineptitude" (read: from the Schott through the Linder eras).

    We had a great time. Of course we'd rather they would have won. But at the end of the day it was entertaining and an evening at the ballpark is (almost) always better than being anywhere else.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-10-2006 at 07:18 AM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  13. #12
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Went to the game tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Just got back from Saturdays game. In the spirit of the thread I thought I'd share.

    My father and I have a 20 game mini-package. As a thank you the reds sent us both a $25 gift certificate for merchandice or food at GABP. So that was a nice gesture. On the way into the stadium I commented that we should try to see if we could upgrade our seats.

    Our normal steats are in section 435 which is in the lower portion of the upperdeck, just over 1/2 between 1B and the foul poll. They are fine seats with a clear view of the entire field (expcept you have to stand to see into the RF corner). We'd like to move closer to home plate next year but overall pretty decent seats.

    Tonight we upgraded to the Club Home Seats. My father decided to treat and was in a festive mood. It was a $90 upgrade (yikes) but what great seats. They were to the RF side of home plate just in front of the luxury boxes. Padded seats, waiters, etc. Also it was the hot zone for foul balls which I like.

    We enjoyed our traditional pregame meal at the Machine room and "paid" with one of our gift certificates. I used mine to buy a reds 3/4 t-shirt. We also got our traditional 5th inning snack (I paid, least I could do....).

    The point of all this is despite the Reds fading away the entertainment value is still there. You know ownership is working hard to put a winning orginization and team together. While all of those peices aren't always perfect or understood, I still have the confidence that we are headed in the right direction. The reign of terror is over.

    We had a great time. Of course we'd rather they would have won. But at the end of the day it was entertaining and an evening at the ballpark is (almost) always better than being anywhere else.
    Good to hear... Spending time with your Dad at the Ballpark is a cherished event. My dad took me to my first Reds game in '77. He let me pick out a hat to buy, which I still have. Good times.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25