Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Watch South Park Online

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Watch South Park Online

http://www.allsp.com/

I wonder if this will last as long as the Simpsons channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watch South Park Online

They have actually quite cleverly found a loop hole. They don't actually host the videos, they just provide links to them, which is leagal. They also offer links to purchase the videos legally if you feel bad about watching them for free. Key word being if...

redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Greatest. Website. Ever.

How long do you guys guess this will last?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    They have actually quite cleverly found a loop hole. They don't actually host the videos, they just provide links to them, which is leagal. They also offer links to purchase the videos legally if you feel bad about watching them for free. Key word being if...
    Under the unanimous 2005 Supreme Court Grokster decision, this is clearly ill-leagal.

They are encouraging infringement of copyright, and benefiting by selling advertising. If they had deep pockets and if it was worth the time, Comedy Central would go after them for damages. It still might be worth their time to shut them down.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Under the unanimous 2005 Supreme Court Grokster decision, this is clearly ill-leagal.

They are encouraging infringement of copyright, and benefiting by selling advertising. If they had deep pockets and if it was worth the time, Comedy Central would go after them for damages. It still might be worth their time to shut them down.
    I severly doubt they're making any money off the website, the advertising most likely goes to run the website and pay for its bandwith, if anything they're probably losing money.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    What's a torrent?
    Pots and Kettles

.... and a seed or leecher?
    Pots and Kettles

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post

Its been a long day, and I'm on some good medication. Just thought I would start with that so you know where I'm comin from. Anyway, I kinda chuckled when I read "clearly ill-leagal" becaus of said reasons, and because nothing in the legal system is clear. Here is the Wikipedia page on the decision. As far as I can tell from reading, and taking into consideration my state of mind, the decision said that Grokster could be held accountable. That decision holds true mostly to P2P networks though. allsp.com is not a P2P network, they just provide links to view the material, not aid in downloading it. In other words, people don't "posess" it when they view it so to speak. They just watch it. That is a major difference in my mind. Also, this decision is related to a previous decision that found that VCR manufacturers could not be held accountable for similar infringements because VCR's offer other non-infringing uses. The same can be said for P2P networks. I don't think this is an open and shut case.

As a side note. South Park creators have been noted of saying that while they don't condone the acts of file sharers and sites like allsp.com, they do acknowlege the fact that their show is as popular as it is at least partialy because of file sharing. I think that the music industry also owes a lot of it's success to file sharing. The large variety of music that would have never been heard if it was not for the internet, and the popularity of the bands would have not been imaginable if it wasn't for file sharing. Is it a problem? Yes. I think especially when you talk about movies. Is it as big of a problem as the entertaiment industry would like you to believe? Absolutely not. Again, the music industry has expanded a lot because of it. Its all about using it to your advantage. I think the music industry has done that. File sharing is going to happen. Nobody can fully shut it down. Its all in how you deal with it. I don't have the answers, but IMO, the entertainment industry need to learn to use it as a tool instead of trying to get rid of it all together.

Nooooooooooo!!

It's gone!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

got alil captain in u?

nice gotta love south park

Turn Off Ads?