Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Game Thread 9/9/06: GIT'R Done Part 3

Re: Game Thread 9/9/06: GIT'R Done Part 3

Freel grounds out to third........2 down
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Clayton flies out to end the game.......

7-4 Pirates win
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Pirates win 7-4... Well, a Prime opportunity to move within 2.5 GB and we blow it, like every BIG game! Why do I even have hope?

Sham

Coffey is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Why do I even have hope?

Not much reason now. Win Tomorrow and sweep SD and maybe hope is resurrected. Need some offense on this team in addition to the pitching. Line-up tonight wasn't real scary. Another lefty tomorrow so probably not much better. Maybe Ross will hit.

RotoHester

This one can be blamed on a lot of things. Rich losing focus and allowing the runner to score from third with 1 out hurt. EE's error hurt, but we just gave up too many 2 out hits. Franklin has been a complete disappointment and really does not have any business being on a major league roster, especially not one that is "in a pennant race". Dunn seems to be swinging at BBs lately because it is back to homerun or strikeout. I like him better last month (or the month before, which ever) when he was spraying the ball around the outfield rather than trying to put every pitch in the stands.

I am thankful that it's September and the Reds are still alive in the playoff hunt, but I think this team needs a major facelift in the offseason. I like Hatte playing first til Votto is ready. BP moving to SS would be good and letting RA play 2d leaving EE to play third the entire season. Catcher is up in the air. There was a topic on here about trading Ross and honestly, if someone is willing to give up anybody of substance, I make that trade. Javy/LaRue platoon would be fine by me. I like Ross, but if we can use him as a trading chip to make the team better, then we have to do that. The OF is a whole other story. Who would've thought that when we had Griff, Dunn, Wily Mo, and Kearns-leaving Freel out in the dark-that right now the OF would be a problem. If we could get a good, young Brandon Webb type pitcher (which I know is far fetched) then I would move Dunn in a heartbeat. I like what I see in Norris Hopper. Freel can play all over the place and Deno is going to be alright, but IF they somehow move Dunn, we'll need another Bat in the middle.
    We HAVe to figure out a way to move some of the left handed relief pitching we have. We have cornered the market on catchers, middle infielders and left handed pitching this season. I could see a few of those faces in other hats come next season.

All in all this team is frustrating at times and awesome at times, but I still love them. This offseason should be interesting. Hopefully this team will figure out a way to delay the offseason as long as possible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    This one can be blamed on a lot of things.
    Agree it was a team loss.

I am thankful that it's September and the Reds are still alive in the playoff hunt
    me too. Football season start full swing tomorrow. Reds haven't got us that far in a long time.

I like Hatte playing first til Votto is ready. BP moving to SS would be good and letting RA play 2d leaving EE to play third the entire season. Catcher is up in the air. There was a topic on here about trading Ross and honestly, if someone is willing to give up anybody of substance, I make that trade. Javy/LaRue platoon would be fine by me. I like Ross, but if we can use him as a trading chip to make the team better, then we have to do that.
    Agree with all this.

I like what I see in Norris Hopper. Freel can play all over the place and Deno is going to be alright, but IF they somehow move Dunn, we'll need another Bat in the middle.
    Need another bat in the middle anyway. If they move Dunn, they'll need 2. Not that high on Hopper or deno. I agree that Freel needs to play everywhere (and Rich too).

We HAVe to figure out a way to move some of the left handed relief pitching we have. We have cornered the market on catchers, middle infielders and left handed pitching this season. I could see a few of those faces in other hats come next season.
    Schoenweiss is a Free Agent. I think he will be priced out of here unless they can trade Cormier. I see Bray, Cormier and Shack as next year's lefties. With Coffey and Majewski as righties. They may resign Weathers and bring in a closer and there is your 7 man pen. Shack may be replaced by a long reliever. I actually think that we will see improvement from Bray, Coffey and Maj next year. Bring back Weathers and get a closer and the pen could be ok next year. (Not great, but not this year's nightmare.)

I just found out the final score. This is a bummer. We really needed to sweep the BUCO's.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?