Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cody Ross

Cody Ross

3 HRs and 7 RBI tonight. Not a bad night at the ballpark.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cody Ross

safe to say he was locked in tonight
    woo woo woo, you know it

He had a similiar game like this with the Dodgers earlier in the year.

Needless to say.........he would have been a better 4th OF than anything the Reds had after, and maybe even before, AK was traded.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    He had a similiar game like this with the Dodgers earlier in the year.

Needless to say.........he would have been a better 4th OF than anything the Reds had after, and maybe even before, AK was traded.
    Agreed. Trading Ross to keep McCracken is one in the L column for Krivsky this year.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

As previously posted, I miss Cody Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Agreed. Trading Ross to keep McCracken is one in the L column for Krivsky this year.
    That's the hardest thing to swallow. I certainly didn't mind not keeping Ross, but by all appearances it was soley to keep Q around. That yaks.
    This place use to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    That's the hardest thing to swallow. I certainly didn't mind not keeping Ross, but by all appearances it was soley to keep Q around. That yaks.
    Ross is having a fine year, no doubt about it. However, his problem here was that he didn't hit lefthanded. Q could and was an OFer too. Plus, you don't know how Ross would have done as a backup. I believe he is playing regularly in FLA. Getting 4-5 ABs most every day helps you a lot more than getting one or two a week.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    As previously posted, I miss Cody Ross.
    Cody Ross was, at best, a 5th OF option behind Dunn, Kearns, Griffey and Freel. Even post-Kearns trade, he would probably have been behind Denorfia on the depth chart.

He's a decent ballplayer, but he'd have been languishing in obscurity if he'd stuck around the 513 area.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ross is having a fine year, no doubt about it. However, his problem here was that he didn't hit lefthanded. Q could and was an OFer too. Plus, you don't know how Ross would have done as a backup. I believe he is playing regularly in FLA. Getting 4-5 ABs most every day helps you a lot more than getting one or two a week.
    actually he gets about 1-2 starts per week.... not even... although he should start a few more games in a row here to ride the hot hand
    woo woo woo, you know it

Was the PTBNL ever announced yet ?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Q was a Vet! With speed and defense!!!

At least that's what Warne and Jerry said.

Is this the same Cody Ross that was hitting .208 for the Marlins? Am I missing something? Other than a couple big games, I don't see much of a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Is this the same Cody Ross that was hitting .208 for the Marlins? Am I missing something? Other than a couple big games, I don't see much of a loss.
    Me eighther, Six of one half dozen of the other. But Ross did have far more upside than McCracken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Very true. And when they acquired this guy everyone was saying "There's no room for him. Where is he gonna play?"

It's fine to look back on everything with foresight; but at the time there was no room for Ross, and the injuries, stint on the DL, didn't help his cause any.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-12-2006 at 10:16 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Was the PTBNL ever announced yet ?
    I don't believe we've received our player yet. I know we finalized our deal with the Dodgers, giving up Ben Kozlowski who played in both AA and AAA, finishing the season 3-6 with a 3.79 ERA. The transaction for Ross indicates PTBNL or "cash considerations". We may well take the cash.

I felt all along it was a no lose situation. We're not going to get anything great from the Marlins, but you never know. Anyone still have any idea what PTBNL transactions are still open out there?

Turn Off Ads?