Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Def Leppard and Journey

Def Leppard and Journey

So I was at the concert in Columbus last night, and it definately ROCKED!! The only thing I noticed was that it really wasn't as loud as some of the other concerts I've been to...I was wandering if there was a noise ordinance against the Germain Amplitheater or something? Were there any other Zoners that went?
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Def Leppard and Journey

I wasn't there, but it only makes sense that these two bands would tour together. I always thought of Def Leppard as being the U.K.'s answer to Journey. Was Neal Schon on tour with Journey?
    Last edited by dman; 09-11-2006 at 10:47 PM.

Def Leppard and Journey
    I'll bite... the answers in the form of a question right?

"Name two bands whose lead singers sported a mullet."

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I always thought of Def Leppard as being the U.K.'s answer to Journey.

Wow! This would never have entered my mind. You really think these two bands are a lot alike?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Who are Spinal Tap and Quiet Riot?

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Wow! This would never have entered my mind. You really think these two bands are a lot alike?
    Yeah, when you sit back and listen, there are similarities between Steve Perry's and Joe Elliot's voices, the way the bands harmonize and their vocals, and the big guitar parts.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm with TB. These bands are nothing alike.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I'm with TB. These bands are nothing alike.
    I feel the same way. Steve Perry (in his prime) was 10X the singer that Joe Elliot was. Don't get me wrong... I dug Def Leppard back in the day and didn't get into Journey that much (girl band), but Perry was a professional singer. Elliot was a drummer who turned to singing when his drumming skills weren't cuttin' it. Def Leppard didn't really do much harmonizing vocals until their 4th or 5th album (Hysteria). They were more of a guitar-band before they decided to "sellout" (not meant as a putdown) to the MTV thing. Journey was always a melodic thing... and wrote some classic songs.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Name two bands that have never been in my kitchen.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I got looking and saw that having Mutt Lange as a producer on albums from both bands was a common denominator. Maybe it was more his work that gave me the impression that the bands sounded somewhat similar, rather than the bands actually sounding alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    So I was at the concert in Columbus last night, and it definately ROCKED!! The only thing I noticed was that it really wasn't as loud as some of the other concerts I've been to...I was wandering if there was a noise ordinance against the Germain Amplitheater or something? Were there any other Zoners that went?
    The first thought that went through my head was that with the age of the bands and of their fans, they don't want the music to be too loud anymore.

I include myself in the age thing as well; those two bands dominated when I was in my impressionable high school years. Def Leppard was a "guys" band and Journey was a "girls" band. Of course the guys listened to a lot of Journey because it's what the girls listened to...wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more...

Sounds like a really good show, regardless. I wonder if they're coming through Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Only two?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Was Neal Schon on tour with Journey?
    I'm really not sure, I couldn't see anything, we were as far back as we could be....
    Let's make some noise!

I thought Neal Schon WAS Journey now that Perry is gone. No offense to the other Journey guys, but take away signature vocal and signature guitar and you've got nothing but a cover band.

I never thought the two bands sounded alike, to be honest. I think Def Leppard was the more "melodic" of the rock bands of the 80's (less screaming), but they were definitely more on the hard rock side than Journey.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Everytime I hear Steve Perry, I think about Baseketball, and that scene in the driveway when Squeak comes to turn off their gas.

Steve Perry..... Steve Perry.... and you should've been gone.....

Turn Off Ads?