Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do We Need To SWEEP The Padres?

HalMorrisfan77

Re: Do We Need To SWEEP The Padres?

YES....Play good baseball for 3 days in a row and sweep 'em. It is an ABSOLUTE MUST!!! With 4 teams ahead of them, they arent in a position to lose many games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Any realistic shot at a playoff spot has to start with a sweep in this series. They Reds really need to go on a tear without delay and it has to start with one of the teams in front of them.

100% on point.

Im not so sure a SWEEP is a MUST.

However, a Sweep would be AWESOME, and its what we REALLY need. We can aford to take 2/3 here.

You'll see why 2nite when i make the post im gonna make on remaining schedules for all these teams. I got them all entered in a spread and Prolly gonna make the post either 2nite or friday after the games when theres TEN games left...
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Some interesting tidbits about the schedule:

After tommorow the Reds only have one series left at home. The rest of the games are on the road.

The Padres head to LA to take on the Dodgers for four this weekend and they finish with 3 in St Louis and then 4 in Arizona.

On top of those games with the Reds, the Marlins still have 4 at the Mets, 6 with the Phillies and 3 at Atlanta which actually kicks off a ten game road trip starting Friday.

The Phillies who are currently in Atlanta, waiting to start a doubleheader head to Houston next. They still have 4 with the Astros and those six with the Marlins.

The Giants are the scary one. They are 19-8 in their last 27. But the schedule is still not a cakewalk. They too head on the road for ten after their current series against the Rox. At St Louis, Colorado and Milwaukee. They finish the season against the Dodgers.

Teams are going to beat the snot out of one another. Will be interesting to see who gets hot and wins it. I'd like to see Griffey back swining a bat soon.

I think all this talk about concentrating on the division or concentrating on the wild card is a bunch of hooey. I really hope Narron or anyone else doesn't actually believe that. The truth is that the Reds can't control what happens to other teams, they can only control what happens to them. Everything else is out of their hands. What they need to concentrate on is winning. If they keep winning, the rest takes care of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think all this talk about concentrating on the division or concentrating on the wild card is a bunch of hooey. I really hope Narron or anyone else doesn't actually believe that. The truth is that the Reds can't control what happens to other teams, they can only control what happens to them. Everything else is out of their hands. What they need to concentrate on is winning. If they keep winning, the rest takes care of itself.
    Amen brother

Well, the SWEEP is not happening. If we don't win on Thursday.......(I am not going to say it)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I think I have moved to the other side, and agree with those who said the Reds had to have the sweep. Too many teams, too big a deficit, and to few games left. Let's start looking forward to April 2007.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

machineguy

It looks to be over now. Tomorrow if the Reds lose it is over for sure. Hard to believe that they got drilled the way they did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by machineguy View Post
    It looks to be over now. Tomorrow if the Reds lose it is over for sure. Hard to believe that they got drilled the way they did tonight.
    It shouldn't be that hard to believe, look at the way they've been hitting the ball (or lack there of) lately. On top of that, Peavy dominating the Reds again like he did in San Diego 2 weeks ago. This is a piss poor hitting ball club.

Turn Off Ads?