Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Two Buckeyes earn Big Ten Player of the Week awards

Two Buckeyes earn Big Ten Player of the Week awards

OSU players Laurinaitis, Trapasso honored
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis was named Big Ten defensive player of the week, while teammate A.J. Trapasso was named the conference special teams player of the week on Monday.

Laurinaitis had a career-best 13 tackles, two forced fumbles and an interception in a 24-7 road victory over Texas, while Trapasso helped the Buckeyes win the field-position battle by averaging 50.8 yards per punt and placing a pair of boots inside the 20-yard line.
    LINK

Did Laurinaitis come up huge againts Texas or what? Holy Smokes. Dude can play. And having Trapasso average 50 yards per punt is huge. Now if we could get the placekicking game going.

Go Bucks!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Two Buckeyes earn Big Ten Player of the Week awards

He conjured up images of Spielman in my mind with that interception. Not to put him at that level, I just immediately thought of #36 when I saw that play and how he looked making it.

And Trapasso's punting was flat-out great. The place-kicking game is my biggest worry also. Remember Nugent and Huston's initial struggles. We may have a year like that in that department...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

James Laurinaitis did come up huge in that game Saturday, no doubt about it. But I think by the end of the year, it will be Ross Homan who reminds you of all the past greats.

He's that good.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Go Bucks!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Man, that's an awesome picture on the cover

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The linked article doesn't say who the offensive player of the week was, but he must have had a special special performance to win over Anthony Gonzalez.

And that SI cover jinx thing doesn't happen anymore, right?
    /r/reds

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I really hope Michigan beats Notre Dame this week. They're stealing too much hype from the Bucks Plus, I like ND nearly as much as UM, and Weiss and Quinn make me hurl. Quinn said last week that, as a QB, he is getting the best opportunity playing for Weiss in the history of college football

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I really hope Michigan beats Notre Dame this week. They're stealing too much hype from the Bucks Plus, I like ND nearly as much as UM, and Weiss and Quinn make me hurl. Quinn said last week that, as a QB, he is getting the best opportunity playing for Weiss in the history of college football
    Ain't gonna happen. Michigan doesn't win in South Bend. Even when they are favored.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    The linked article doesn't say who the offensive player of the week was, but he must have had a special special performance to win over Anthony Gonzalez.
    Matt Trannon, Michigan State, SR, WR, broke the Michigan State record for single-game receptions by hauling in 14 passes for a career-best 151 yards while adding two receiving scores and one touchdown pass in a win over Eastern Michigan.

Gonzo had 8 receptions for 142 yards and one TD...but...unlike Trannon, who played against Eastern Mich., Gonzo put up those numbers against Texas, one of the top defenses in the country.

That is an awesome cover. Anyone else notice who is in the upper left hand corner as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    That is an awesome cover. Anyone else notice who is in the upper left hand corner as well?
    Good spot. May now be my favorite SI cover ever...I mean, are you kidding me? The Bengals and Bucks both on the same SI cover? Sweet!

Turn Off Ads?