Thread: Chris Henry resolves gun charge

Retired

Chris Henry arrested again

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/henry.html

Reported by: 9News
    Web produced by: Mark Sickmiller
    Photographed by: 9News
    First posted: 1/30/2006 5:36:21 PM

A month after he was picked up on a drug charge in Covington, Bengals rookie wide receiver Chris Henry has been arrested again, this time in Orlando, Florida, police tell 9News.

In this latest incident, Henry is charged with:

-Possession of a concealed firearm
    -Improper exhibition of a firearm
    -Aggravated assault with a firearm

According to an Orange County police report, Henry, 22, was with a group of people along a street along West Central Boulevard in Orlando early Saturday morning.

Henry's group was apparently arguing with another nearby group, and it looked like a fight was going to erupt, a police officer said.

He had stopped when he noticed a limo blocking traffic, according to the police report.

The officer says he told the groups to break it up, then saw Chris Henry pull a handgun from his waist area and point it at the other group.

When ordered to put the gun down, Henry froze and then moved toward the limo and threw the gun inside the car, the report stated.

The officer says he then grabbed Henry, pushed him to the ground and ordered everyone out of the limo.

Police recovered a 9mm Luger from the back of the limo. Henry denied having the weapon, police said.

As of 5:30 p.m. Monday, the Bengals had not released a statement about the arrest.

Henry's December arrest

In the early morning of December 15, 2005, Covington Police stopped Henry for speeding and smelled marijuana in his car.

Henry agreed to a body and vehicle search and that's when police found two baggies of marijuana in his left shoe.

Through his lawyer, Henry pleaded guilty Thursday to speeding and improper registration. Charges that he had no driver's license and insurance were dropped.

The drug charges against him are still pending.
    Pretty serious charges, gotta wonder if the Bengals will cut him loose.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Henry arrested again

They'll drop him like a pass in the end zone. Appropriately enough.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    They'll drop him like a pass in the end zone. Appropriately enough.
    I doubt it. He's got talent. Those guys they keep even with baggage. If it were someone like Kelly Washington, he'd be out of there like a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I doubt it. He's got talent. Those guys they keep even with baggage. If it were someone like Kelly Washington, he'd be out of there like a shot.
    Aggravated assault with a firearm is a felony, if he's conviced he'll be spending some time in the gray bar motel. A cop witnessed the whole thing, not good for Mr. Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/henry.html

Pretty serious charges, gotta wonder if the Bengals will cut him loose.
    I think they will probably wait to find out if he gets found guilty of the charges or not.... if he does get found guilty, I hope they do kick him off the team.

If ML doesn't cut Henry I'll lose a lot of respect for him. Talk is all well and good, actions are better. I'm inclined to say he'll be gone; whether he is guilty or not he repeatedly puts himself in bad situations that are a headache for the entire organization.

Henry will not be cut. As sad as it is, he will be on the opening day roster next season.

If you're running with a crowd where you feel the need to carry a gun when you leave the house, you're running with the wrong crowd. Henry needs to decide whether he wants to be a gangster or a professional football player.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I think they will probably wait to find out if he gets found guilty of the charges or not.... if he does get found guilty, I hope they do kick him off the team.
    Exactly. He could plea to a misdemeanor or even get the charges dropped.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Exactly. He could plea to a misdemeanor or even get the charges dropped.
    True enough, but unless the officer is lying Henry still pulled a gun--a luger, not a pellet gun--on a crowd of people. Not the type of person I want to employ, regardless of talent level.

For a Level Playing Field

The first arrest... speeding w/out a license or proper tags (or something) while carrying mary-jane. I think we all understood that was pretty stupid. I think most thought a 22-year-old like Chris Henry should be given another chance. I think most HOPED he learned a valuable lesson. Surely he might learn something and not be as stupid in the future?

Well, folks... he seemed to get dumber. Now he is carrying a gun and pointing it at people. A great way to either get charged w/ attempted-murder or murder... or get yourself killed. And it is all witnessed by a policeman. Uh... stupid. This a mere month-and-a-half after his first arrest. He makes Tremain Mack look like a teddy bear. This guy is Trouble with a capital "T" and a dummy at that. Drugs and guns. What is next... murder or getting murdered?

He was a great #3 WR for the Bengals and only a rookie this year. But as a diehard Bengals fan I hope they send him packing if he is found guilty. You should not get more than one chance. Esp. when the 2nd one happens 1-1/2 months after the 1st.

Chris Henry, you are a weak mind... goodbye!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    True enough, but unless the officer is lying Henry still pulled a gun--a luger, not a pellet gun--on a crowd of people. Not the type of person I want to employ, regardless of talent level.
    The cop also said there was a group of people with Henry and that one of them or some of them tried to get back in the limo before the cop recovered the gun.

I hope the Bengals cut him loose. He has talent on the football field but this kid is way more trouble than he is worth. He had problems in college now within one year 2 arrests. I have feeling it is just going to get worse with him. It is not worth it having a player on your team you can't count on to stay out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    If you're running with a crowd where you feel the need to carry a gun when you leave the house, you're running with the wrong crowd. Henry needs to decide whether he wants to be a gangster or a professional football player.
    You sound just like the GM in Playmakers.

For a Level Playing Field

Just heard on WLW that the gun is a stolen gun.

Turn Off Ads?