Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Since being traded to the Tigers on the 7/31/06 trade deadline, Sean Casey has gone 28 for 125 (.224) with 5 doubles, 2 HRs, 8 runs scored and 19 RBI.

The Tigers have gone 17-23 over that same stretch.

The Tigers have seen what was as large as a 10 game lead in their division (August 7) become a razor thin margin of 1.5 games.

Discuss.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Sean Casey is neither Sean "P. Diddy" Combs nor Casey at the Bat. Discuss.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

I think it's all Casey's fault The best way to evaluate a trade is the W-L record since the trade. (Just kidding of course)
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

At least the power numbers are still there.

Sean also once agian acted perplexed at a business decision... funny too considering he's been traded twice in the last 10 months

"It's a business, I guess," said first baseman Sean Casey, whose locker was next to Young's. "Dmitri is a great guy and a great player. Any time you lose a player like that. ... I really don't know what to say to tell you the truth."

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

"It's a business, I guess," said first baseman Sean Casey, whose locker was next to Young's. "Dmitri is a great guy and a great player. Any time you lose a player like that. ... I really don't know what to say to tell you the truth."
    I think it's because Sean didn't really want to tell the truth.

Dmitri was probably up to his old tricks again, and his act had worn too thin on Leyland and the FO.

I believe some of the Tigers' demise is associated with the loss of Polanco. He went on the DL Aug-17. I'd like to see Neifi Perez get fewer AB's for sure and Infante shoulder the entire load at 2B. Infante's production mirrors Polanco's nicely ( though neither is "huge"), though the D is probably not as good. I think of the new acquisistions I would fault Perez more - he really should not be in the lineup.

Chris Shelton was not doing a whole bunch for the Tigers since his big start but I was still surprised to see them lose patience with him for Sean. After Shelton slugged .783 with 10 dingers in April, he did not top .286 slugging in any month since. So really Sean was not a drop-off from what they had been getting since late spring. Not to say he shouldn't expect to contribute at a higher level soon. I hope he does, as I would love to see Sean get to the playoffs with Detroit.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I blame Bob Boone.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I blame Bob Boone.
    Heh, heh. Well we know where that comes from--you have Bob Boone as your avatar!
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Heh, heh. Well we know where that comes from--you have Bob Boone as your avatar!
    Actually its John Cleese of Monty Python fame.

He did spot skits as the Minster of Silly Walks.

Minister: Good morning. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently, and so it takes me rather longer to get to work. (sits at desk) Now then, what was it again?

Mr Pudey: Well sir, I have a silly walk and I'd like to obtain a Government grant to help me develop it.

Minister: I see. May I see your silly walk?

Mr Pudey: Yes, certainly, yes.

Minister: That's it, is it?

Mr Pudey: Yes, that's it, yes.

Minister: lt's not particularly silly, is it? I mean, the right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternate step.

Mr Pudey: Yes, but I think that with Government backing I could make it very silly.

Minister: (rising) Mr Pudey, (he walks about behind the desk in a very silly fashion) the very real problem is one of money. I'm afraid that the Ministry of Silly Walks is no longer getting the kind of support it needs. You see there's Defence, Social Security, Health, Housing, Education, Silly Walks ... they're all supposed to get the same. But last year, the Government spent less on the Ministry of Silly Walks than it did on National Defencel Now we get £348,000,000 a year, which is supposed to be spent on all our available products. (he sits down) Coffee?
    Monty Python is one of my favorites sketch shows ever.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I blame Dmitri Young.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

For what it's worth, I posted the question at the start of this thread verbatim on a board I frequent where sports of all sorts are discussed and several Tigers fans linger, and this was the response I got:

we're too busy blaming Neifi Perez.

Casey was solid as hell his first two weeks with the Tigers and helped win some ballgames, but has struggled since then. Theoretically, the Tigers could have Chris Shelton play first, but he's been a black hole of suck too.

Long story short, Casey isn't the problem. The whole team isn't hitting right now. If they can ride it out, they're liable to be very dangerous in the playoffs since the pitching is still lights out, but the operative term is if they make the playoffs.

I felt that the tone of this board was too sad today, and then someone mistook John Cleese for Bob Boone.

That just made my day.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I felt that the tone of this board was too sad today, and then someone mistook John Cleese for Bob Boone.

That just made my day.
    Easy mistake to make. Didn't Bob Boone win Upperclass Twit of the Year?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post

That just made my day.
    Yeah, Bob Boone when he used to wear his boller hat...
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Turn Off Ads?