if this ownership group is really serious about winning this off-season will be the test because a lot of great free agents are out there... heres who i think we can get ...
1. Daisuke Matsuzaka SP - the MVP of the World Baseball Classic. Contract: 4 years for 50 million
2. Alfonso Soriano 2B - we can put him at 2B where he wants to be or in left and trade adam dunn. Contract: 5 years for 67.5 million
3. Jose Guillen RF- this guy would be a bargain i mean he did absolutely great here and has a rocket arm. This allows us to use Freel like he should be, the guys who gives someone a day off now and then. Contract: 3 years 12 million
4. Mark Buehrle SP - this guy is a ground ball pitcher which we need despreately, but we can only get him if the white sox decline his option. Contract: 3 years 21 million
5. Keith Foulke RP- its no secret we still need help in the bullpen so why not get Foulke, he was at one time a great closer and still could be, he has something to prove. Contract: 1 year 4 million
all in all we spend about 37 million dollars this offseason but also we dont really spend that much because wilson's contract is up and we will trade milton, we payed them alot of money plus a couple other guys not worth keepin are leavin.
Milton traded for two minor league pitchers
contracts we would lose after this year.
1. Paul Wilson- let go
2. David Weathers - resign
3. Kent Mercker- let go
4. Scott Schoeneweis- resign
5. Rich Aurilia- let go
6. Eddie Guardado- let go
7. Juan Castro- let go
8. Royce Clayton- let go
9. Ryan Franklin- let go
10. Chris Hammond- let go
11. Joe Mays- let go
12. Jason Johnson- let go
13. Todd Hollandsworth- resign
1. Phillips SS
2. Dunn LF
3. Jr. CF
4. Soriano 2B
5. Guillen RF
6. Votto 1B
7. Encarnacion 3B
8. Ross C
5. Beuhrle- if white sox pick up his option then it would be... Claussen/Ramirez/Bailey
am i just dreaming or do you think the owners would put enough money towards doing this??