Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Padres Show Class At Local Steak House

Re: Padres Show Class At Local Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    Tiger Woods is a lousy tipper.

And I speak from experience, here.

Wow. What service, do tell, did he "stiff" you for, so to speak?

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have heard stories that SHAQ leaves a $100 tip even if he just gets one drink at a bar.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Hilariously, I have waited on very few sports stars, but that was one of them. And he tipped very well.

Maybe I made him a stiffer drink than you did
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I went to a Business Dinner at Jeff Ruby's Tropicana in Newport and go the Surf and Turf...it said Marketprice. Looked at the bill and Surf and Turf was $75. Add on an side dish, appetizers, dessert, and drinks, and you got a huge Bill. I didn't pay for it, so it was great.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Ditto Ruth's Chris.
    Been to Ruth's Chris as well, and I definitely would have included it, but I left my list to all steakhouses Cincy.

Another one that gets it right nationwide as a chain is Sullivan's. The fact most of them have live jazz is just breathtaking, to say the least.

The 1 national chain I will put in the "varies from location to location" would be Smith & Wollensky. Been to 5 of them, only 3 of them have been worth the price.

But, hands down, the best steakhouse I've ever been to is Burn's down in Tampa. Down in the warehouse/factory district. Worth the trip to Tampa alone.

Jeff Ruby/Jack Ruby -- has anyone looked into this? We're through the looking glass here people.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Hilariously, I have waited on very few sports stars, but that was one of them. And he tipped very well.

Maybe I made him a stiffer drink than you did

I bet you look a lot better than Zombie
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Mitchell's Steakhouse in Columbus is supposed to be a great place. I haven't saved up enough money to take my wife there yet.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Best steak I ever had was a few years ago at Del Frisco's in Fort Worth, TX. It took me the better part of an hour to get there from Dallas, but it was absolutely worth the trip. That steak dinner was outstanding!
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Ditto Ruth's Chris.
    Can somebody please explain the etymology behind this? Every time I see it, I'm baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I bet you look a lot better than Zombie
    Zombie may well be a supermodel....Tiger and I did talk about headphones. I gave him advice. Maybe he was happy about it. realistically, though, he probably has good and bad days just like everybody else.

I was always waiting for a Yankee to walk into my bar (this was in New York), but none ever did. Although apparently Derek Jeter did stop in after visiting the firehouse next door shortly after September 11. I, of course, was not working. My friend and co-worker reported back that she was unimpressed. But then, she is wholly unimpressed with sports in general.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Mitchell's Steakhouse in Columbus is supposed to be a great place. I haven't saved up enough money to take my wife there yet.
    IMO, don't waste your time. Mitchell is to Columbus like Ruby is to Cincy. Steak quality isn't all that great compared to the price. Went there twice, just to make sure it sucked equally each time.

If you're looking for steak in Columbus, I highly recommend the Monk in Bexley, The Clarmont or The Refectory if you're looking for something non-chain. If you don't mind national chains, Columbus has a Smith & Wollensky @ Easton, Morton's downtown about 2 blocks from Nationwide Arena, or a Ruth's Chris up in Worthington. All are excellent locations.

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You stay classy, San Diego.
    Bravo on that one sir! Anchorman is one of the most quoteable movies ever.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Can somebody please explain the etymology behind this? Every time I see it, I'm baffled.
    I think I read that a woman named Ruth bought the Chris Steakhouse, in Lousiana I think, and went big with it.

I couldn`t recommend too many steak places because I got hooked on Joe Bissets Grub Steak in Dayton.I dont know how classy it is but its way cheaper.

Turn Off Ads?