Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Padres Show Class At Local Steak House

Re: Padres Show Class At Local Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Either they ate 16 steaks a piece or they had a metric ton of drinks because $6,000 for no more than 40 people comes out to like $150 a person.

Wow.
    You have to tally in the coaches, personel, and maybe family(wife, kids, etc)
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    I couldn`t recommend too many steak places because I got hooked on Joe Bissets Grub Steak in Dayton.I dont know how classy it is but its way cheaper.
    Word... one of my favorites. Good food decent price. Reminds of me one of the places the "Goodfellas" hung out.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Can somebody please explain the etymology behind this? Every time I see it, I'm baffled.
    Wiki is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth's_Chris_Steakhouse

Ruth's Chris Steak House (NASDAQ: RUTH) is a chain of over 85 steakhouses across the United States and around the world, most known today for being an upscale attraction, a departure from the prices in the chain as recently as twenty years ago. The restaurant's signature is serving "Prime" Steaks that are seared at 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and served on plates heated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 Celsius). A tablespoon of butter is added just before the plates leave the kitchen to make them sizzle.

The chain was founded by Ruth Fertel, a single mother of two, in 1965, after she bought the existing Chris Steak House in New Orleans. In buying the restaurant, Fertel had to agree that the restaurant keep the "Chris" name for a specified period of time. After the original location sustained a kitchen fire, she relocated the restaurant about 1/2 mile to the west on Broad Street and renamed the rebuilt establishment "Ruth's Chris" (under her purchase agreement, the name Chris Steak House could not be used at any other location, and she did not want to lose customers already familiar with the Chris name).

Fertel started to franchise the restaurant in the 1970s. By the time Fertel was legally allowed to take Chris out of the name, the chain (and its unique name) had become famous in many places across the country, and she therefore decided to keep the name.

The chain has received paid endorsements from several celebrities, including Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

In 2005 Hurricane Katrina devastated Greater New Orleans (see: Effect of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans) and the chain was moved its corporate headquarters to Orlando, Florida. No plans to move back to the New Orleans area have been announced. Like most business in the city, two of the chain's locations in the Greater New Orleans area were forced to close because of the storm. The Metairie, Louisiana location has since reopened. The corporate offices quickly announced that the old flagship Ruth's Chris on Broad Street is closed for good and that they had no plans to reopen any facilities in the city.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

There is a small chain known as Scotch & Sirloin that I like very much. I went relatively often when I lived in NY but haven't seen one since I moved away, not even when traveling.

And, believe it or not, I had an absolutely great steak dinner at Dave & Buster's! I was surprised and impressed by the quality of their food.

I've never been to the Presinct for the obvious reason but have heard nothing but high praise. I also understand that their steaks are not only very good, but huge.

I once ate at a great steakhouse in Washington, D.C. It was a while ago and for the life of me, I can't remember the name. At the time, it was frequented by Redskins players. There were many characatures and autographs on the walls. Both the steak and the atomosphere was wonderful.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

When I was in Chicago for a Reds/Cubs series back in 97, I think, I went walking around the Loop that night and found a really nice steakhouse there. I don't believe it was a chain cause I had never heard of it before and the place was not very busy. But they made a fine steak. I can'[t remember the name of it for the life of me, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?