Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Geez...sorry I asked.
    Let's see, you admit you to not doing the research, ask about a guy and then when someone points as he has serious fleas you want numbers provided. That redefines lazy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hes garbarge a hybrid of Ed Armbrister mixed in with Cecil Espy, Gary Varsho and Cesar hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    Let's see, you admit you to not doing the research, ask about a guy and then when someone points as he has serious fleas you want numbers provided. That redefines lazy.
    I said I was being lazy from the get go because I don't have the time to do it right now. I wanted to expand my knowledge a bit because I wasn't sure of his history.

Yea, I wanted to know the stats behind the story. You know, wanted to expand my understanding with some facts......

I did a cursery search on reds.com but they only have his MLB numbers.

Thought I'd ask for help from the super friendly folks here on RZ.

What a mistake on my part!

Thought I'd ask for help from the super friendly folks here on RZ.
    and you got it and it could have stopped there.

However, when the information did not fit your preconceived notion, you wanted to see the data that you were to admittedly to lazy to look up.

and you got it and it could have stopped there.

However, when the information did not fit your preconceived notion, you wanted to see the data that you were to admittedly to lazy to look up.
    Wow...I really have no idea where you are comming from. You must be too used to all the arguing on RZ.

I asked the question because I actaully wanted to know the information. And I wanted some stats to go with the general statement "he has no power". Silly me for wanting to know the whole picture.

There was no argument or preconceved notion on my part. I actaully wanted to know the information and thought someone here could be helpfull to that end.

Silly me for daring to ask a question.

I asked the question because I actaully wanted to know the information.
    and you got the information.

Since you didn't want to do the research when why not be willing to take what someone else posts on the subject at face value?

dont be so contentious little abner it belies your nom de plume, stick to asking insouciant questions

and you got the information.

Since you didn't want to do the research when why not be willing to take what someone else posts on the subject at face value?
    Uh....I did take it at face value.

I wanted to expand that general statement with some numbers.

Because the next time I posted "hopper has no power" and someone asked me why I said that a reply of "Because Ricardo Cabesa said so" would make me look pretty stupid.

I was just looking for more data. If you didn't want to take the time to help me out a simple "look it up yourself" or ignoring the post alltogther would have sufficed.

I did a cursery search on reds.com but they only have his MLB numbers.

Here's a good site for a guy's baseball career from college to majors so that you wont get trapped into another debate like this one:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Here's a good site for a guy's baseball career from college to majors so that you wont get trapped into another debate like this one:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/
    Thanks much!

I do so enjoy a free flow of information.

Uh....I did take it at face value.

I wanted to expand that general statement with some numbers.
    if you were willing to take it at face value you wouldn't have needed any numbers.

if you were willing to take it at face value you wouldn't have needed any numbers.
    For the first time in recorded history a RZ member is being chastised for actually wanting to know the stats behind a players performance.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by lo ryder View Post
    Maybe, but now is not the time. Hang on to him until another pennant chase heats up next year and the Reds can acquire fair value. His ceiling would be much higher in the AL. Give the farm system a little time and this will be a solid ball club.
    Myth.

In the AL, he'd be a DH. How does that make his ceiling be much higher?

Truth.

Hang onto Adam Dunn, the most important player in our franchise/organization.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I agreed with you until this point. RF is a major weakness. Freel disappeared in August and Sept. Now that he's a full time player, teams are taking the time to scout him. They've obviously found a weakness in him, because his offense has totally disappeared. Freel at leadoff in Sept and Aug really dragged this team down. A couple good catches does not make up for that.

At bare minimum, Wayne needs to pick up an OF to share RF with Freel.

Is it that the opposition has him scouted better or thet he has been rode hard and stabled wet as the saying goes? Or maybe a combination of the two?

One of Sparky Anderson's favorite sayings was that if you play a utility man often enough he will remind you why he is a utility man. Now I think Freel played long enoiugh and well enough this year and last to prove he is not an ordinary utility man but I think he also has shown in the last mointh to 6 weeks he is not an every day of the week guy over a several month period.

I think ideally you would start him 4 days a week and spot him either ofensively or defensively during the game the other days.

To my way of thinking a lot of what has happened in the last 3 weeks as the wheels fell off is that the Reds had too many guys they have had to or chosen to use too much and it has caught up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    Is it that the opposition has him scouted better or thet he has been rode hard and stabled wet as the saying goes? Or maybe a combination of the two?

One of Sparky Anderson's favorite sayings was that if you play a utility man often enough he will remind you why he is a utility man. Now I think Freel played long enoiugh and well enough this year and last to prove he is not an ordinary utility man but I think he also has shown in the last mointh to 6 weeks he is not an every day of the week guy over a several month period.

I think ideally you would start him 4 days a week and spot him either ofensively or defensively during the game the other days.

To my way of thinking a lot of what has happened in the last 3 weeks as the wheels fell off is that the Reds had too many guys they have had to or chosen to use too much and it has caught up to them.
    I agree 100% with your assessment of Freel in particular and the Reds collapse in general. Same applies to Hatte who should not face lefties, Griffey who needs rest and the catchers (who haven't really played everyday). Only Rich has avoided this (on offense), but if he is brought back in too key a role next year we will see this with him as well. This team needs a solid everyday middle of the field player more than even pitching IMO. Then these other guys could perform in more suitable roles. It would have a domino effect in a good way.

Turn Off Ads?