Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

Go_Cats_Go!

Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

Seriously,

Whatever we can get for Griffey, get it, and split his salary with someone. Dunn just needs to go. He is a huge liability in the outfield and shows no willingness to learn how to hit the ball to the opposite field.

Adam's comment about why bother with batting practice really irked me. Maybe you could learn how to bunt .

Could the reds get at least a starting pitcher and an everyday outfielder for the two of them?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

You must get one important thing first IIRC... Junior's permission. 10-5 rights.

Trade the two HR leaders on the team? Okay. Small-ball must be trendy again. I wonder how much Aaron, Bonds, Ruth, Mays, Killebrew, Schmidt and Jackson worked on their bunting skills?

Go_Cats_Go!

Unfortunately I think that this whole team needs to be restructured to play a little more small ball next year with some improved pitching. Waiting for the big inning just isn't working with these guys. They strike out way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Cats_Go! View Post
    Unfortunately I think that this whole team needs to be restructured to play a little more small ball next year with some improved pitching. Waiting for the big inning just isn't working with these guys. They strike out way too much.

And here we go....

I think this one is good for at least, 12 pages.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Yes. that's the ticket, small ball in the MLB's most HR friendly park.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    And here we go....

I think this one is good for at least, 12 pages.
    Well, you DO have the power to stop it.

All I have to say is Griffey's a dye-in-the-wool Republican - and Click - WHOOSH- to the Peanut Gallery it goes!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yes. that's the ticket, small ball in the MLB's most HR friendly park.
    Funny how people miss the obvious, isn't it?

Here are the issues this team has:

3 catchers...one making 5 mil next year that has been awful this year.

An over-achieving veteran 1B with poor footwork around the bag.

Our best infielder playing 2B

An over-achieving veteran at SS with minus range

A rookie 3B that is still learning the position day to day...turning into a star though.

A poor LF'er, but when he is on, this team flourishes, when he is off they sink. Live by the Dunn, die by the Dunn.

An old CF'er with no range that refuses to move (so we think) positions. Also he is the #3 hitter on the team, despite his .315 obp (9th on the team) and a .479 slg % (5th on the team). Also a massive contract with 10-5 rights.

RF is actually solid if Freel is there.

We have two good starting pitchers, the rest are up in the air. One guy is making around 8-9 mil next year to post a 5.00 era. There are also many other issues.

Either way, there are a lot of things to fix before dumping Dunn. Griffey on the other hand is fine with me if you can. Dunn is a guy to build around, even though he slips every once in a while. He has won many games for this team this year.

RF is actually solid if Freel is there.
    *3 or 4 times a week.

I came on Redszone ready to post a "get rid of Dunn" thread. But you beat me to it.

Anyone who wants to keep this guy is clueless, period.

I'm sick of him. His comments didn't help my already negative opinion of him. I look in the boxscore night after night expecting something and his o-fer most of the time.

Get rid of him.

Adam's comment about why bother with batting practice really irked me. Maybe you could learn how to bunt .
    Narron isnt going to have him bunt, just like hes not going to ask Griffey to bunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I came on Redszone ready to post a "get rid of Dunn" thread. But you beat me to it.

I'm sick of him. His comments didn't help my already negative opinion of him. I look in the boxscore night after night expecting something and his o-fer most of the time.

Get rid of him.
    Maybe, but now is not the time. Hang on to him until another pennant chase heats up next year and the Reds can acquire fair value. His ceiling would be much higher in the AL. Give the farm system a little time and this will be a solid ball club.

Get rid of him.
    I would say get rid of Griffey, but who is going to want a guy thats either on the bench with an injury or on the DL?

Seriously,

Whatever we can get for Griffey, get it, and split his salary with someone. Dunn just needs to go. He is a huge liability in the outfield and shows no willingness to learn how to hit the ball to the opposite field.

Could the reds get at least a starting pitcher and an everyday outfielder for the two of them?
    He didn't say "why bother". He said "we are playing badly at the worst possible time. we could take extra batting practice but that won't do anything".

At this point in the season, I think he has a good point.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Get rid of him.
    classy and well informed. what a lethal combo.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?