Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Anyone who wants to keep this guy is clueless, period.
    I'm guessing about 75% of this board is clueless, period.

Including me!

(well i guess it depends what we could get for him really)

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Reds can trade either Griffey or Dunn to Detroit for some of their young pitching, I think the Reds have to consider it.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    If the Reds can trade either Griffey or Dunn to Detroit for some of their young pitching, I think the Reds have to consider it.
    and when my 6 yr old wants something and pleads his case, I sometimes would say "I'll consider it".

It doesn't mean I'm jumping to do it or fulfilling it. I even say no.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Supreme Jar Opener

I would cry if they got rid of Griffey. Really, I'm not good with change, I threw a tantrum when he changed his number!

I would pay another team 100% of Jr's salary if he would simply not come back next year! That's how sick I am of Jr. I would also look to unload Dunn.

I love both Dunn & Griffey, but in a weak pitching year for the NL, I would of hoped for both of their stats to be off the charts. These two should have really chrushed some of the weak right handed starters/pitchers in this league, as Hatty did. Lets hope this isn't a trend next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Cats_Go! View Post
    Seriously,Whatever we can get for Griffey, get it
    the answer is nothing. The opportunity to trade Jr passed in August of 2005 and the Reds are much the worse for it when you consider they could have had Young.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    the answer is nothing. The opportunity to trade Jr passed in August of 2005 and the Reds are much the worse for it when you consider they could have had Young.
    Agreed. Ken Griffey Jr isn't going anywhere until the Reds can buy out his option. No one will take on any of his salary OR give up anything of value for him.

That was a trade the Reds should have made last year. Thanks, DanO.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    Young who?

Quote Originally Posted by isaiahbarney View Post
    Young who?

Quote Originally Posted by isaiahbarney View Post
    Young who?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7738
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Funny how people miss the obvious, isn't it?
    Actually, a 20 HR hitter, who plays defense and runs the bases well can become a 25-28 HR player at GABP. That is decent power. Add in the small-ball abilities of the player and alltogether you have a very potent player, and team, if the players have these qualities. The player who hits moonshots will not see as big a difference in HR production at GABP. When he hits them they're out wherever they are. So GABP can help a Twins-like gameplan more than a Boston-type one because the Twinsian team would have added power in addition to their regular offensive weapons and the Bostonian team would be playing the same game.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Actually, a 20 HR hitter, who plays defense and runs the bases well can become a 25-28 HR player at GABP. That is decent power. Add in the small-ball abilities of the player and alltogether you have a very potent player, and team, if the players have these qualities. The player who hits moonshots will not see as big a difference in HR production at GABP. When he hits them they're out wherever they are. So GABP can help a Twins-like gameplan more than a Boston-type one because the Twinsian team would have added power in addition to their regular offensive weapons and the Bostonian team would be playing the same game.
    So what you're saying is we need more Juan Castro's and Royce Clayton's?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Cats_Go! View Post
    Seriously,

Whatever we can get for Griffey, get it, and split his salary with someone. Dunn just needs to go. He is a huge liability in the outfield and shows no willingness to learn how to hit the ball to the opposite field.

Adam's comment about why bother with batting practice really irked me. Maybe you could learn how to bunt .

Could the reds get at least a starting pitcher and an everyday outfielder for the two of them?
    Isn't next year Jr's last year. I think there's a buyout for 2008.
    We aren't going to be winning anything next year anyhow. There's no point in paying any part of Jr's salary if he's not on the team.

His OBP took a hit this year, but he's still very important to what's left of this offense.

Dunn certainly has his weaknesses. I'd love for him to learn to hit the ball to the opposite field in batting practice. At the same time, the Reds have to be careful. After giving away Kearns and Lopez for almost nothing, they have to get a real good return for Dunn.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    So what you're saying is we need more Juan Castro's and Royce Clayton's?
    2 more Castros and half a Clayton.

Turn Off Ads?