Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

  1. #46
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Geez...sorry I asked.
    Let's see, you admit you to not doing the research, ask about a guy and then when someone points as he has serious fleas you want numbers provided. That redefines lazy.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Hes garbarge a hybrid of Ed Armbrister mixed in with Cecil Espy, Gary Varsho and Cesar hernandez

  4. #48
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    Let's see, you admit you to not doing the research, ask about a guy and then when someone points as he has serious fleas you want numbers provided. That redefines lazy.
    I said I was being lazy from the get go because I don't have the time to do it right now. I wanted to expand my knowledge a bit because I wasn't sure of his history.

    Yea, I wanted to know the stats behind the story. You know, wanted to expand my understanding with some facts......

    I did a cursery search on reds.com but they only have his MLB numbers.

    Thought I'd ask for help from the super friendly folks here on RZ.

    What a mistake on my part!
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  5. #49
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Thought I'd ask for help from the super friendly folks here on RZ.
    and you got it and it could have stopped there.

    However, when the information did not fit your preconceived notion, you wanted to see the data that you were to admittedly to lazy to look up.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  6. #50
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    and you got it and it could have stopped there.

    However, when the information did not fit your preconceived notion, you wanted to see the data that you were to admittedly to lazy to look up.
    Wow...I really have no idea where you are comming from. You must be too used to all the arguing on RZ.

    I asked the question because I actaully wanted to know the information. And I wanted some stats to go with the general statement "he has no power". Silly me for wanting to know the whole picture.

    There was no argument or preconceved notion on my part. I actaully wanted to know the information and thought someone here could be helpfull to that end.

    Silly me for daring to ask a question.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  7. #51
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I asked the question because I actaully wanted to know the information.
    and you got the information.

    Since you didn't want to do the research when why not be willing to take what someone else posts on the subject at face value?
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  8. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    dont be so contentious little abner it belies your nom de plume, stick to asking insouciant questions

  9. #53
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    and you got the information.

    Since you didn't want to do the research when why not be willing to take what someone else posts on the subject at face value?
    Uh....I did take it at face value.

    I wanted to expand that general statement with some numbers.

    Because the next time I posted "hopper has no power" and someone asked me why I said that a reply of "Because Ricardo Cabesa said so" would make me look pretty stupid.

    I was just looking for more data. If you didn't want to take the time to help me out a simple "look it up yourself" or ignoring the post alltogther would have sufficed.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  10. #54
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,943

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I did a cursery search on reds.com but they only have his MLB numbers.

    Here's a good site for a guy's baseball career from college to majors so that you wont get trapped into another debate like this one:

    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/

  11. #55
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Here's a good site for a guy's baseball career from college to majors so that you wont get trapped into another debate like this one:

    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/
    Thanks much!

    I do so enjoy a free flow of information.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  12. #56
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Uh....I did take it at face value.

    I wanted to expand that general statement with some numbers.
    if you were willing to take it at face value you wouldn't have needed any numbers.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  13. #57
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    if you were willing to take it at face value you wouldn't have needed any numbers.
    For the first time in recorded history a RZ member is being chastised for actually wanting to know the stats behind a players performance.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  14. #58
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by lo ryder View Post
    Maybe, but now is not the time. Hang on to him until another pennant chase heats up next year and the Reds can acquire fair value. His ceiling would be much higher in the AL. Give the farm system a little time and this will be a solid ball club.
    Myth.

    In the AL, he'd be a DH. How does that make his ceiling be much higher?

    Truth.

    Hang onto Adam Dunn, the most important player in our franchise/organization.

  15. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    472

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I agreed with you until this point. RF is a major weakness. Freel disappeared in August and Sept. Now that he's a full time player, teams are taking the time to scout him. They've obviously found a weakness in him, because his offense has totally disappeared. Freel at leadoff in Sept and Aug really dragged this team down. A couple good catches does not make up for that.

    At bare minimum, Wayne needs to pick up an OF to share RF with Freel.

    Is it that the opposition has him scouted better or thet he has been rode hard and stabled wet as the saying goes? Or maybe a combination of the two?

    One of Sparky Anderson's favorite sayings was that if you play a utility man often enough he will remind you why he is a utility man. Now I think Freel played long enoiugh and well enough this year and last to prove he is not an ordinary utility man but I think he also has shown in the last mointh to 6 weeks he is not an every day of the week guy over a several month period.

    I think ideally you would start him 4 days a week and spot him either ofensively or defensively during the game the other days.


    To my way of thinking a lot of what has happened in the last 3 weeks as the wheels fell off is that the Reds had too many guys they have had to or chosen to use too much and it has caught up to them.

  16. #60
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,873

    Re: Time to unload Griffey and Dunn

    Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    Is it that the opposition has him scouted better or thet he has been rode hard and stabled wet as the saying goes? Or maybe a combination of the two?

    One of Sparky Anderson's favorite sayings was that if you play a utility man often enough he will remind you why he is a utility man. Now I think Freel played long enoiugh and well enough this year and last to prove he is not an ordinary utility man but I think he also has shown in the last mointh to 6 weeks he is not an every day of the week guy over a several month period.

    I think ideally you would start him 4 days a week and spot him either ofensively or defensively during the game the other days.


    To my way of thinking a lot of what has happened in the last 3 weeks as the wheels fell off is that the Reds had too many guys they have had to or chosen to use too much and it has caught up to them.
    I agree 100% with your assessment of Freel in particular and the Reds collapse in general. Same applies to Hatte who should not face lefties, Griffey who needs rest and the catchers (who haven't really played everyday). Only Rich has avoided this (on offense), but if he is brought back in too key a role next year we will see this with him as well. This team needs a solid everyday middle of the field player more than even pitching IMO. Then these other guys could perform in more suitable roles. It would have a domino effect in a good way.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25