5 26.32%
  • No

10 52.63%
  • The jury's still out...

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a Bad Man?

Am I a Bad Man?

Yesterday marked my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary. So today I am taking our girls up to their grandma and grandpa's for the weekend. Then I am going to treat my lovely bride to the Ohio State Cincinnati game at Ohio Stadium on Saturday. After that we'll drive down to Cincinnati where we have a room for Saturday night. We'll get up early Sunday and head to Paul Brown for the Bengals Browns game. Doesn't that sound romantic? Is that what every woman dreams of for their 10th anniversary?

Just curious...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Supreme Jar Opener

Re: Am I a Bad Man?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Yesterday marked my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary. So today I am taking our girls up to their grandma and grandpa's for the weekend. Then I am going to treat my lovely bride to the Ohio State Cincinnati game at Ohio Stadium on Saturday. After that we'll drive down to Cincinnati where we have a room for Saturday night. We'll get up early Sunday and head to Paul Brown for the Bengals Browns game. Doesn't that sound romantic? Is that what every woman dreams of for their 10th anniversary?

Just curious...
    Perhaps you could pass that itinerary over to my husband... I would enjoy it! Happy Anniversary... Thursday was ours too, one month...

Yay!

I've got you one better.

My wife and I are journeying down to Knoxville for the 8 PM UT-Florida game (my wife's a UT alum), then getting up at 6 AM (traffic should be cleared up by then) to head back for the Bengals-Browns game.

No anniversary. That's just how we do it.

PS: Lots of orange in my weekend.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Well Buck, Zombie, and dabvu....

My anniversary will go NOTHING like that....

We're preparing for our 25th, and I'm looking for Mountain getaways, or something like that. She would be happiest with no TV's no radios, and definately NO Sports! For our 10th it was a romantic getaway at a victorian styled bed and breakfast.

If you're wife is into it Buck, sounds like you're a good husband, for my wife I would be a 'NO' if I planned an anniversary like that.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

We go trick or treating with the kids on our anniversary. How's that?

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    Well Buck, Zombie, and dabvu....

My anniversary will go NOTHING like that....

We're preparing for our 25th, and I'm looking for Mountain getaways, or something like that. She would be happiest with no TV's no radios, and definately NO Sports! For our 10th it was a romantic getaway at a victorian styled bed and breakfast.

If you're wife is into it Buck, sounds like you're a good husband, for my wife I would be a 'NO' if I planned an anniversary like that.
    It's a given, that if anything is done in this house, it will involve baseball or football, I mean our honeymoon was supposed to be a trip to St. Louis to watch the Reds play the cards...

[QUOTE=dabvu2498;1160561]I've got you one better.

My wife and I are journeying down to Knoxville for the 8 PM UT-Florida game

QUOTE]

Be careful. I've heard Neyland Stadium is where the devil himself resides. It's an evil, foul place. If you absolutley have to go, don't bring any small children. They hurt them just for kicks there. I'm sure Krono will back me up. They'll try to seduce your wife with their black arts and force her to do terrible things to you while she's wearing a terrible colored orange shirt. It's a heinous orange and white checkerboard-endzoned hell on earth.

Gave you fair warning.

(Plus they don't have enough teeth in their mouth, and they smell funny.)

-Gators 35-10. Take it to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Be careful. I've heard Neyland Stadium is where the devil himself resides. It's an evil, foul place. If you absolutley have to go, don't bring any small children. They hurt them just for kicks there. I'm sure Krono will back me up. They'll try to seduce your wife with their black arts and force her to do terrible things to you while she's wearing a terrible colored orange shirt. It's a heinous orange and white checkerboard-endzoned hell on earth.

Gave you fair warning.

"Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Yay!

Gave you fair warning.

Thankfully she just went to school there.

And for the record, I refuse to have any physical contact with her while she's wearing orange.

My wife enjoys going to the games so it should be a pretty fun weekend for both of us. I just thought a little light-heartedness in light of our team's recent performance would be fun for a Friday. Plus it's Oktoberfest downtown so that should be fun. We're hooking up with friends at the hotel. My biggest goal is to not be terribly hungover for the game on Sunday.

Our 25th will probably be a little more traditionally romantic since we'll be empty nesters at that point, with any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Thankfully she just went to school there.

And for the record, I refuse to have any physical contact with her while she's wearing orange.
    You mean that creamsicle orange right? Not the beautifully deep orange hues of the Ohio football teams.

Hey, if your wife likes it, you da man! My wife would love a trip to a ballpark for anniversary.

Some mentioned Neyland Stadium. I've been there once. It's the only time I've seen a man urinate in a trash can. (Yes, he was a UT fan.)

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Hey, if your wife likes it, you da man! My wife would love a trip to a ballpark for anniversary.

Some mentioned Neyland Stadium. I've been there once. It's the only time I've seen a man urinate in a trash can. (Yes, he was a UT fan.)
    I'd hazard a guess that it wasn't the worst thing you saw there. I saw a guy whiz in a sink there. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    You mean that creamsicle orange right? Not the beautifully deep orange hues of the Ohio football teams.
    I've told this joke a million times and I'll tell it a million more before I die.

Why do UT fans wear orange? So they can cheer for the Vols on Satruday, deer hunt on Sunday and pick up trash along side the road the rest of the week without changing clothes.

If she divorces you I'll MARRY YOU!
    Last edited by GAC; 09-16-2006 at 08:22 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

[QUOTE=Gainesville Red;1160609]
    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I've got you one better.

My wife and I are journeying down to Knoxville for the 8 PM UT-Florida game

QUOTE]

Gave you fair warning.

Took me almost 4 years of therapy to get Rocky Top out of my head after taking in a game with a HS friend who went to UT.

I've never heard a song sung with such gusto.

Turn Off Ads?