I posted this in the middle of today's game thread and it was suggested that I post it as a new thread. So I have reposted the pertinent parts here.
I'm very upset about the direction of the club for a number of reasons and am now going to subject all of you to the following rant.
1. The swelling in Griffey's toe should be gone. Pain or no pain he should be playing if the swelling is gone. I'm confident that they can find shoes/equipment to make it possible for him to play. I've seen him run to first this year, his toe problem can't possibly slow him down any more.
2. Playing baseball and being a professional baseball player are seperate things. I wish someone would tell this to Adam Dunn. Hitting the ball far comes easy to him. Hitting the ball consistently is something a professional works at 52 weeks a year.
3. Unless he is in the hospital, Ryan Freel should be playing every day the Reds are sniffing the playoffs.
4. Arroyo is right. A four man rotation was the way to go if you don't have a fifth horse.
5. The manager should not give up on his team when they are statistically in the hunt. Remember 1964? Further, a good manager finds a way to motivate his team when it gets tough.
6. This team isn't as bad as Paul Daugherty says it is. It just needs an attitude adjustment.
You can now return to your normal activites. Thank you for listening. I feel better.