Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Some Of The 2006 Reds Finest Moments

Some Of The 2006 Reds Finest Moments

I know we're technically not out of the race yet, but the season is dwindling down. This Reds team has stayed hot longer than any team sisnce '99, and it has been great to see this happen. This season has produced some memorable moments. Here are four of mine:
    Number one is an obvious choice:

1. Adam Dunn's walkoff Grand Slam against Cleveland
    2. David Ross' walkoff homer against St.L (Jason Isringhausen)
    3. Bronson Arroyo's first career shutout
    4. David Ross' 400 and some foot opposite field homer off of Ramon Ortiz in Washington

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Recovering Cubs Fan

Re: Some Of The 2006 Reds Finest Moments

5. The sweep of the Cubs igniting a dramatic last-ditch Wild Card comeback after everyone had written them off. Ah, good times.

I vote for Freel's catch at#1. Believe it or not Chris Michalek's bullpen and (at the time) season saving performance out of the pen on the Saturday after the long extra inning loss in Philly is #2. Then Dunn's HR #3. And Ross HR against St. L. #4.

How about Griffey's walk-off home run his first day back from the DL early in the season?

Dunn's walkoff grand slam is by far the best moment of the season, IMO.

I'd say Freel's catch. The emotion and energy in the ballpark that night was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I vote for Freel's catch at#1. Believe it or not Chris Michalek's bullpen and (at the time) season saving performance out of the pen on the Saturday after the long extra inning loss in Philly is #2. Then Dunn's HR #3. And Ross HR against St. L. #4.
    Great call on Chris Michalek's performance in Philly. I rate this number 4

Number 3: Everyday Eddie's ENERGY saves

Number 2: Freel's STL. catch.

Number 1: The Reds sweeping the Cardinals in early June.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Dunn's grand slam...no brainer for me.

And I'll brag about the great games I've been at again, including the sig, I was also at "The Catch" game.

I guess energy from great moments don't carry over. Check out our record after walkoff wins. Also, "The Catch" and the Dave Ross game were back to back and we didn't exactly turn it on after that either.
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 09-16-2006 at 03:03 AM.

Dunn, Ross and Jr's walk off homers. Javy hit one on a Sunday also (I was there), a real RF line hugger to just barely make it into the vistors bullpen and win the game.

Everyday Eddie working himself out of a bases loads, no out jam to save the game.

Freels sliding headfirst into the RF wall catch.

Sweeping the Cards and Houston after a lossing strech to keep themselves in the races.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

1. Has to be Dunn's walkoff Grandslam! I was there and the energy was awesome!

2. Ryan Freel's 2 HR game @ home vs. the Brewers, I was there also and it was standing room only when I got there. Great game!

3. Jr's walkoff the day he came from the DL

4. Eddie getting outta bases loaded jam to get the save.

5. Freel's head first catch!
    Let's make some noise!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

In the playoff race for 5/6 of the season... despite being picked to be worse than any REDS team in the 2000's at the start by all the "experts".

Oh... dman meant single moments!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Turn Off Ads?