Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be manager of the Reds in 2007?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jerry Narron- has contract already

67 72.04%
  • Lou Pinella-World Series winner here before.. gets respect

20 21.51%
  • Bob Brenly-World Series winner before..has roots in Ohio

0 0%
  • other

6 6.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do you think will be the Reds manager in 2007??

who do you think will be the Reds manager in 2007??

who do you think will be here??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: who do you think will be the Reds manager in 2007??

i feel Bob knows the fans have lost respect for Jerry running this team.. hope the coaches are gone as well..

Retired

Narron isn't going anywhere, better get used to that idea.

I think Narron will be back but not sure how I feel about it. Earlier in the summer I was defending him and still think he has some good points. He has consistently mis-handled the pitching staff and other in-game strategy. His benching of Edwin was just nutty.

I wouldn't mind Narron returning in more of a "Head Coach" role like they have in football. A strong pitching coach who can handle all of that is needed and a strong bench coach to deal with other in-game strategy is needed.

I'm not sure if these things were delegated or not in 2006, but however it was handled it was riddled with mistakes. Some significant improvement is needed if not a complete change. I think he'll start the season because of the contract.

I strongly agree that Narron will be back next year because of the premature contract he was given. But, I wish he wasn't. He has done some nice things with the ballclub and does alot more behind the scenes than any of us know about, but I don't think he's the manager to take this team to the next level.

While some of his in-game decisions are questionable (I can live with most of them), the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that he always stresses fundamentals and this team is so piss-poor fundamentally it is unbelievable. They're bad fielders, bad baserunners, they don't bunt well, some are playing the wrong positions. It goes on and on. I just don't know why he can't make this team more fundamentally sound when he mentions it so often and stresses it's importance? It can't be that hard.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Though I regret it, I also believe Narron will be back next year.
    However, if we tank early on next year - and don't be surprised if that happens - I believe he could get the ax pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    i feel Bob knows the fans have lost respect for Jerry running this team.. hope the coaches are gone as well..
    I think folks who lurk in RedsZone and other internet places have lost faith in Jerry Narron. I don't think anyone else does. Krivsky and Castellini have made it clear this is who their manager is. I keep saying it over and over again, this claim needs stability in the manager's office; something that hasn't been seen here in nearly 30 years.

Jerry Narron. The only way I see Narron getting fired next year is if the Reds get off to a absolutely horrific start and I mean HORRIFIC. I'm talkin' like 10-35. Epic stuff. I don't see that happening. Narron stays.

Narron.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I think the job is Pinella's if he wants it, but I doubt Lou does, so I'm guessing Jerry will be back.

Narron will be back.

To be honest, I don't see why the Reds should eat Jerry's contract. Next year is likely to be another transitional year (around .500) unless Cast goes on a spending spree.

Jerry helped cost us a playoff slot this year, but next year the NL probably won't be as bad. I expect several of the WC contenders to improve. Florida will likely improve just by getting a year older, and SF is going to have roughly 60 million of payflex to bolster their team. Houston may make a move to improve as well (although it will be hard to replace Clemens).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

the team has shown a willingness to eat contracts and i doubt that jerry's contract is for a huge amount of money. I believe they will eat it only if they get Lou or another big name to commit to the team.

I did not vote. I just want a manager that will make the team take infield practice, extra batting practice, start the best 8, and be a leader (not a "buddy" in the clubhouse).

IF Narron promises do these things in 2007, keep him.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Narron will be manager in 2007. He might be replaced mid season like Miley was but my bet is the Reds stay the course.

if the Reds lose the remaining games, how in the world does the Reds FO think the fans will be excited to spend money on the Reds next season with Jerry in charge???

Turn Off Ads?