Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Batboy update

Batboy update

A lot of us here are friends of one of our original posters, Batboy. I've really enjoyed following his athletic and academic progress and I recently got a report from his family about how he's doing, and thought I would pass it along to his friends here.

Here's what his dad told me....

"Kellan is doing great. Jr at Duke, Deans List, Academic All-ACC, Duke Student/Academic committee, Duke Leadership program, Captain wrestling team....studied in Australia this summer exploring every aspect of Australia (scuba with stingrays (?), skydiving, River rafting, alligator hunting ...you name it. Even met a girl from Ohio U that he visited before going back to Duke.
    Hoping to intern this year...Looking at goldman Sacs or other big investment firm in NYC."

So you can see why his family is so proud of him. He's a great kid from a really fine family and a RedsZone original.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?
    White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Re: Batboy update

His curriculum vitae reads like a combination of the Kennedy family and Lacy Underall.

Touch football on the front lawn at Hyannis Port followed by going to bullfights on acid and skinny-skiing.

Now that's a guy I can respect. Livin' the dream...
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Every now and then he lurks in during a game. I'm so proud of him Always polite and friendly. A fine young man.
    Pots and Kettles

Wow! We all should be proud of one of our own!
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

I thought this thread was going to be about this guy.

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Gramps should put this in his Christmas card.

Dear Kellen,

Stay away from lacrosse parties. Happy Holidays.

Love,

Grandpa Jack
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Turn Off Ads?