Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope Milton never comes back for the Reds

I hope Milton never comes back for the Reds

it really tells you he is not honest when it comes to his condition. this was in todays paper
    "Milton said he felt the elbow stiffen while warming up, but when pitching coach Tom Hume and Narron asked him about it, he said he was OK."

lets see last year he said he was fine.. and hid a knee injury all year, and earlier this season did the same thing when his knee needed scoped. now again.. he lies again..

I hope he is gone.. he has to be the worse FA signing this team has ever had!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I hope Milton never comes back for the Reds

This sounds terrible, but the reds best hope with Milton is that he'll need TJ Surgery and they can collect insurance money. I don't think he can be traded. Insurance money would allow the reds to sign a reliable starter to replace him. I don't see removing him from the roster until mid-season any other way.

Now this is a thread I can clamp my teeth on! Uncle Milty sucks out loud. He stinks on ice. Yeah, I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until he's pumping gas somewhere and banned from the GAP!

What a terd sandwich without the bread he is!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Only way he gets traded is with cash for some other team's overpaid albatross. I predict that Wayne sticks with the known quantity and Milty will be back on the mound in a Reds uniform in '07.
    /r/reds

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Well what I would do is shut him down for the remainder of the season and bring in Dumatrait. Reds arn't going anywhere and Dumatrait didn't pitch well down the stretch either but at least we can see what he can do at the Major League level and hopefully up his value come this offseason to add to a Jason LaRue package.

Back to Milton.. He will be back next season because he has a player option for 9+ million. I doubt he finds a better pay day than that. With that said it would be the last year of his contract and I think he would want to come out next year and dominate to up his value heading into Free Agency. Though it didn't work for Jimmy Haynes.. I hope it works for Milton or at least till the trade deadline...

The curse of Dan O'Brien still lives.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

He'll be back next year but I think they are going to have to hook him up to a lie-detector machine anytime they ask him a question about how he feels or if he's healthy.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

You all may be right that Milton will be back, but if Krivsky is 1/2 the GM he's supposed to be, he will explore every opportunity to trade this pitcher or buy out his option. Milton just doesn't fit in the Reds' stadium and his home stats confirm this.

There are only 5 starting pitchers on a team. Given Milton's numbers in 2005 and 06, it doesn't make sense for him to hold one of those spots. Not saying it is easy to deal with, but this is a critical issue for the Reds this off-season.

Milton's contract does not have a player option for 2008. In fact, it gives Milton the option of opting out of the contract if certain incentives are reached. I can't find what those incentives are, but I doubt he has reached them and I doubt he would exercise that option now.

I think the earlier post has it right. The best case scenario is that Milton has surgery eliminating most of the 2007 season where the Reds can collect insurance on his salary (assuming, of course, that Dano had the sense to get such insurance - surely it's with Great American Insurance Co., right?). Sort of the 2007 Paul Wilson.

As for Milton not telling anyone, we've discussed this several times about pitchers toughing through something versus sitting down. Sometimes toughing it out is admirable, but not when you've just left your previous game elbow soreness, had a shot and are working on your usual rest. That's not tenacious, that was stupid. He should have spoken up and we should have had a bullpen day or bumped Lohse up.

The other option is for Milton to be traded. While I realize nobody is beating the door to make offers, maybe someone will take him if we take on part of his salary...

Milwaukee, for example. Uncle Milty has pitched very well at Miller Park. Five games started, 35 innings, 2.83 ERA, .77 WHIP, and 'only' 3 HRs allowed. If he could post those numbers in Miller Park (beyond the small sample size), maybe they would give us someone of value....plus our guys would get to hit off of him 3 or 4 times a year
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

I say we trade Milton to Washington for a PTBNL - which can be their lowest minor leaguer for all I care - and they have to pick up all his salary. In return, we drop the shenanigans charge against JimBo.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Why not trade Milton for Jenkins the Brewers get rid of Jenkins and he could help the outfield is in final year of his contract for 7 million so the Reds save 2 million plus get a guy in his final year who may have a big year in our home park

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    Why not trade Milton for Jenkins the Brewers get rid of Jenkins and he could help the outfield is in final year of his contract for 7 million so the Reds save 2 million plus get a guy in his final year who may have a big year in our home park
    I like that idea.. but for that to work i'm sure the Brewers would want us to take on some of Miltons contract plus all of Jenkins. None the less I like the idea... since Milwalkee soured on Jenkins this season and probably will be shopping him come the offseason. I bet they would want a prospect as well to seal the deal...

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    The curse of Dan O'Brien still lives.
    But now think of the other pitchers around his $$ that off season

Clement - an awesome half season in 05 and never to be seen since May or so this year

Odalis Perez- possibly on his 3rd team, lost track once he went to the Royal for Elmer Dessens

Jaret Wright & Carl Pavano, neither has spent much time on the field in the last two years either.

None of these should make me feel better as a Reds fan but it just goes to show how out of whack things have become in these days of free agency when this collection of turds was the best of the class in the 2004 off season
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    An Exchange of Bad contracts is an OK Idea if the guy we get back can upgrade a black hole on the roster. I like this idea, but if you get a corner OF then your are stuck with Griffey back in CF again. I'd rather have Milton on the mound 162 games per year than Griffey in CF for 50.

Turn Off Ads?