Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pollack broke his neck in the Bengals game yesterday

Re: Pollack broke his neck in the Bengals game yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    If I were him, my step 4 would be to never step foot on a football field again.

He was very very lucky, and if he comes through this relatively unscathed, IMPO, he'd be nuts to play again.

God bless!

Well, isn't it ironic that David's wife (or whomever) posted something different than what is stated here. It may have been posted by a friend with his wife's permission.

He severed his C-6... believe it or not, that means it IS damanged regardless of whether or not he isn't paralyzed.

Not career threatening? How does he know at this stage. They don't even know yet if he'll require surgery. Plus, David may not want to take the chance of damaging it again in the future when he might be as lucky.
    The man is a football player. I've met him and he has exceptional drive and determination. If he is medically cleared to play, there's no way he'd ever consider retiring.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Injuries are about the only thing that can stop this team.

Losing Jackson hurts big time.....KK is at best.....a good SP player.
    He is not a good tackler.....not as bad as Ohalati...but not exactly that much better either.

What amazes me is that BR has been at the wrong end of a motorcycle accident and has had hernia surgery.....yet he misses 1 game?
    That happens to a Bengal and he is done for the year or his career.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The man is a football player. I've met him and he has exceptional drive and determination. If he is medically cleared to play, there's no way he'd ever consider retiring.
    I dunno man, he's very lucky he's not in a wheel chair right now, and for the rest of his life. Stuff like that can change your mind sometimes.

Maybe you're right, R4.

No one but David knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What amazes me is that BR has been at the wrong end of a motorcycle accident and has had hernia surgery.....yet he misses 1 game?

That happens to a Bengal and he is done for the year or his career.
    I thought he had his appendix removed.

BTW, the type/seriousness of injury influences how long a guy is out. BR was very very lucky that he was not injured as seriously as he could have been by such a horrible accident. It also happened during the offseason; makes a big difference.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

We will be "ok". This team has the most depth in the NFL. Remember we have also been without Chatman, Chris Perry and Odell Thurman in addition to TJ for the first two games, yet still dominated. This team needs Odell back in his rookie form, if that happens then this defense will be scary. I also think that after the bye week we will see the real Ahmad Brooks. He just needs time to soak up the system.

Guiceic did pretty good last year against Stroud and Henderson of Jacksonville, both of whom are better than Casey Hampton. The biggest loss IMO is Jackson. Like some have already mentioned, Kaesviharn is not starter material. Hopefully they can trade a 6th rounder for a passable safety. This team will prevail, they are that good.

Could anyone w/ medical knowledge answer whether or not such injuries usually make one susceptible to breaking the same vertebrae again? I know certain breaks can end up making the body part even stronger after rehab...

That'd be my biggest question if I was David.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    If I were him, my step 4 would be to never step foot on a football field again.

He was very very lucky, and if he comes through this relatively unscathed, IMPO, he'd be nuts to play again.

God bless!

Well, isn't it ironic that David's wife (or whomever) posted something different than what is stated here. It may have been posted by a friend with his wife's permission.

He severed his C-6... believe it or not, that means it IS damanged regardless of whether or not he isn't paralyzed.

Not career threatening? How does he know at this stage. They don't even know yet if he'll require surgery. Plus, David may not want to take the chance of damaging it again in the future when he might be as lucky.
    Sorry, TB, didn't mean to sound snippy, just my Bengal-colored glasses refusing to consider David never playing again.

It was BR's appendix.......either way....he is back like it's no big deal.

I have no problem with Guchiani at C....he is younger and less beat up than Rich.....and with 1 week as the main guy on the 1st team snaps for practice, he will be fine.

I just worry about the run support with Dexter gone......yes they have played better against the run....but PITT always seems to be able to run down the Bengals throat when they need to.

He supposably "chipped" his C-6 vertebrae - and thus why Lewis is saying it's not career threatening. I guess this is why he doesn't need surgery (nothing need to be fused or repaired artificially).

It should simply just heal and was a freak occurence. Warrick, 2-carry Perry, and Pollack - the 1st round curse continues I guess. Hopefully Perry's back by game 6 again though, along with Odell, Dexter and of course Braham.

Pollack's the only long term loss on the team - should be at full strength for the most part, the 2nd half of the season, barring any catastrophes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Also in the press conference the following updates were given on injuries.

Pollack is out for the year.
    Jackson is out next Sunday with a sprained ankle.
    Braham has a deep bone bruise and is also out for the next game.
    Levi Jones is doing much better and should be back this week.
    TJ is progressing well and will be reevaluated on Wednesday to see if he can play this week.
    Tab Perry has a hip injury and will be evaluated on Wedneday.
    What about Johnson's shoulder? He was definitely dragging/favoring it after that TD.

The Bengals definitely took a beating in that game. Wow!

Pollack and family are in my prayers. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

But one also has to consider the position that Pollack plays, and any future risk.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-19-2006 at 05:35 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    What about Johnson's shoulder? He was definitely dragging/favoring it after that TD.

The Bengals definitely took a beating in that game. Wow!

Pollack and family are in my prayers. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

But one also has to consider the position that Pollack plays, and any future risk.
    According to Marvin Chad is fine. I am amazed he doesn't have a concussion after that hit he took toward the end of the game. He was so out of it he could barely talk after the game. But he is doing fine now.

Turn Off Ads?