Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers Predictions for Tonight

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers Predictions for Tonight

1) All the calls are going to go their way. Always do.

2) Pittsburgh will fail on several long 3rd down conversions but will miraculously keep the drive alive with a penalty against the Jaguars.

There is nothing more painful than having them 3rd and 14 and the ref says "5 yard penalty...automatic first down...." Happened last week.

3) Byron Leftwich will throw to Polamalu's side of the field and wonder why he has 3 INTs before halftime. "Gee, coach, I didn't recognize him with all that hair flowing everywhere."

4) The score will be 10-7 in favor of one of these two offensive juggernauts with seconds to go but no matter who is on top, Pittsburgh will pull it out.

5) Ben Roethlisberger will not get sacked. He runs like your overweight uncle after 5 Beam and Cokes but professional NFL players can't ever seem to get to this guy.

6) One of the Pittsburgh Steelers will have a major injury tonight but will be back on the field next Sunday. Rumor has it that they have a guy on their staff that can do that Mr. Miyagi thing where he claps his hands together and rubs them like he's rolling clay.

7) They will still only have a decal on one side of the helmet (before I understood the concept of the homonym/phone, I thought it meant that someone "stole" it off the one side. And before that, I never noticed they only had one decal and used to think I git jipped whenever I bought one of those tiny plastic football helmets from the machine at our local K-Mart. Yes, I hated them from birth.)

I guess to summarize, the Steelers are going to win tonight because apparently no one can beat them.

Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-18-2006 at 09:02 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Predictions for Tonight

Guess again Dom

Jags have to stay undefeated considering the other 2 NFL juggernauts in the state
    Go Gators!

Why do I get the impression that Dom doesn't like the Steelers?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For a Level Playing Field

Shutout?!?!? Maybe it is time for Charlie Batch to take over the reins... they are undefeated with him as a starter this year.

What amazes me, is that EVERY "big" game, they always have an excuse ready...

How many times last year did we hear, before the game, something about Ben's thumb, or some other ailment...

Tonight, of course the appendectomy, which is valid and legit, but they were also talking up Ben had a fever and something else....

I'm sure that the Jags didn't beat them, Ben was sick.

(seriously, if he is running a fever after an apendectomy, shouldn't he be under a doctors care, that could be dangerous)
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Jags have to stay undefeated considering the other 2 NFL juggernauts in the state
    Hey...was that a Dolphin blast? Why, I oughta.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post

How many times last year did we hear, before the game, something about Ben's thumb, or some other ailment...

Tonight, of course the appendectomy, which is valid and legit, but they were also talking up Ben had a fever and something else....

(seriously, if he is running a fever after an apendectomy, shouldn't he be under a doctors care, that could be dangerous)
    I think that statement applies to the majority of fans of EVERY football team,
    not just Steelers fans.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

I've yet to hear an excuse from a Steelers player or a fan for last night's loss.

Jacksonville played inspired defense and their offensive line did a great job protecting Leftwich. Pittsburgh receivers dropped a number of passes and Santonio Holmes, in particular, played like the rookie he is (Ben's first INT was actually Holmes running the wrong route). Pittsburgh whiffed on a number of first tackle opportunities. You whiff on a shifty bugger like Fred Taylor or one of those big receivers and they're going to take advantage.

Ben was consistently high with his passes or behind the receiver when they weren't dropping passes. But Pittsburgh needed to account for the potential rust factor with Ben and didn't; instead producing a vanilla gameplan that rarely tried to run Parker outside the tackles. And lastly, Pittsburgh simply failed to stop Jacksonville on a number of key third downs during clock-eating drives (regardless of whether they netted points). They lost the field position game and the time of possession game (badly) because of it.

As a Steelers fan, I had a bad feeling about that game about halfway through the 2nd quarter. The Jags were holding onto the ball for too long, Pitt was backed up too often, and the Jags defense was playing too well for anything but inspired offense to work. The Jags called a great game, made the plays, and Pitt did neither. Result= well deserved loss.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I didn't see any excuses here either.

Check it out.

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=92492

Or this one.

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=92429
    Last edited by Tommyjohn25; 09-19-2006 at 10:45 AM.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Gah! Going to that site for intelligent Steelers chat is like visiting mlb.com for insightful Reds content.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Gah! Going to that site for intelligent Steelers chat is like visiting mlb.com for insightful Reds content.
    Yeah, it's just one of four that I go to every day, I hardly ever post there but I saw a couple of threads pretty much void of any excuses about last nights game so I thought it was relevant.

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Yeah, it's just one of four that I go to every day, I hardly ever post there but I saw a couple of threads pretty much void of any excuses about last nights game so I thought it was relevant.
    My favorite post from the first thread:

OUR SUPERBOWLS TO YOURS!!--Dominated! WIN WHEN IT COUNTS WHOVILLE!
    I kept reading; fully expecting to run into, "THE STEELERS RULZE! You're team is TEH SUCK you MORAN!!". Unfortunately, it looks like the kid's parents finally got him to bed.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    No, apparently I did, I just didn't see any excuses. What I saw in that thread (you posted the same one twice btw) were a bunch of Steelers fans who are fed up with the recent run of bad luck of their favorite QB and, as sports fans do, taking out their frustrations of last nights loss on him. Not ONE post in that thread made an excuse for Pitt getting the loss last night.

Turn Off Ads?