Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fantasy Football Questions Week #3...

Fantasy Football Questions Week #3...

Figured a couple people used the thread each of the last 2 weeks, so lets start another for week 3.

At RB, I've got Ronnie Brown V Tenn
    W McGahee v NY Jets
    J Lewis V Cleveland
    C Taylor V Chicago

Taylor is looking strong thru 2 weeks, but not against Chicago. Should I start Jamal Lewis over the other 2?

E Wilford v Indy, C Henry v Pittsburgh, or Michael Clayton v Carolina for my 3rd reciever slot? I'm think E Wilford.

Finally should I drop Roddy White for Devery Henderson? White has not put up much thru 2 weeks, plays in an offense that doesn't throw the ball well, has gotten hurt, and appears to have fallen to 4th on the recieving corps behind Jenkins, Lelie & Crumpler. In fact as I type all that out, its pretty obvious.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Football Questions Week #3...

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Figured a couple people used the thread each of the last 2 weeks, so lets start another for week 3.

At RB, I've got Ronnie Brown V Tenn
    W McGahee v NY Jets
    J Lewis V Cleveland
    C Taylor V Chicago

Taylor is looking strong thru 2 weeks, but not against Chicago. Should I start Jamal Lewis over the other 2?

E Wilford v Indy, C Henry v Pittsburgh, or Michael Clayton v Carolina for my 3rd reciever slot? I'm think E Wilford.

Finally should I drop Roddy White for Devery Henderson? White has not put up much thru 2 weeks, plays in an offense that doesn't throw the ball well, has gotten hurt, and appears to have fallen to 4th on the recieving corps behind Jenkins, Lelie & Crumpler. In fact as I type all that out, its pretty obvious.

Brown and McGahee are easy starts. Taylor is playing well, but like you said you can't start him over the other 2 against Chicago. Lewis could have a big game against the Browns, but Baltimore isn't exactly putting the ball in the endzone.

I think I would start Henry against Pittsburgh. He will be matched up on a safety or 3rd corner all day and should get a couple deep passes on the day. Wilford would not be a bad start either, but I think Henry has a better shot at a bigger day.

White is pretty much useless in Atlanta. Is Cotchery, Coles, Matt Jones, or Bryant still floating on the waiver wire? If none of those are, I would take Colston over Henderson from the Saints. Colston is a rookie, but he already has Brees' trust and is a mismatch.
    Matta = Really good

My questions for the week.

I have LT in both my pay leagues, so I'm going to have to scratch and claw a little harder this week with him on the bye.

League #1

Start 1:

Vick @ NO
    Warner vs STL
    Bulger @ ARZ

I need to replace Kaeding in this league as well, but I do not really want to drop him. My RB4 is Mike Bell. Would you drop him or just go ahead and drop Kaeding and hope he doesn't get picked up in the bye week?

Gould @ MIN
    Carney vs ATL
    Longwell vs CHI
    Lindell vs NYJ

Those are the waiver wire kickers.

League #2

Start 2

Marc Bulger @ ARI
    Rex Grossmann @ MIN
    Tom Brady vs DEN

Start 2 WRs (PPR league 1 pt = 15 yards receiving)

Bryant vs PHI
    Housh @ PIT
    Bruce @ ARI

Also, would anyone drop Bruce for Matt Jones, Colston, or Williamson? My #1 WR is Chambers to go along with the 3 above.

Thanks
    Matta = Really good

First thanks, I believe all those WRs are taken in our league. The other option would be Kevin Curtis, but he hasn't really done much of anything yet.

I wouldn't drop Mike Bell at this point. He's a twinge in Tatum Bell's leg away from being a full time back in a very good offense for backs.

If memory serves me correctly you league is pretty thin in terms of depth? If that is the case then I doubt many owners are holding 2 kickers, so Keading should remain on the FA market this week as owners shouldn't be holding 2 kickers on their roster. The only exception for this would be an owner that has a poor kicker on bye in week 4 and picks up Keading for a week on the bench, then punts their other kicker next week and keep Keading for the rest of the season.

Additionally w/ Vanderjagt going on bye this week, there is the potential that he gets dropped as well giving you at least 2 fantasy options to pick up next week (I'm not sure what other kickers are on bye and potential pick ups next week) Just be sure to pick Keading back up early next week. I think I'd drop him late in the week to give opposing coaches less time to think about it.

Yahoo league been offered this trade Deion branch for Roy williams . R.W. hasnt showed a whole lot besides speaking to the media . But what do you guys think about branch playng in seattle?
    Last edited by cinredsfan2000; 09-20-2006 at 01:48 PM.

I've got Carson Palmer v. the Steelers this week; but I'm strongly considering benching him to start Vick against New Orleans.

I spent a high pick on Carson, and you never should bench a guy like him. But I'm pretty sure Vick will produce v. the NO defense.

Turn Off Ads?