Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Steeler Week

My key match-up for this game will be Sam Adams versus the Steelers RBs and O-Line. The Jags did an exemplary job of clogging the middle. Sam Adams will be key to the Bengals successfully mimicking their performance.

The loss of Dexter Jackson magnifies the need for Sam Adams to have a huge--literally and figuratively--game.

The Bengals D-Line hasn't convincingly won a game-long trench-battle against the Steelers in a long time. Maybe this Sunday will be the first.

Re: Steeler Week

The short week for the Steelers is another definite advantage, especially considering the utter brutality of their contest last night.

I think Ghiucic could end up being a better center for this O-Line by Week 8.

We have the deepest linebacking corps in the NFL.

Can Kaesviharn just play a SOLID game?

The first thing I saw as Braylon Edwards broke free for Cleveland's one play of the game was "uh-oh, this looks like last year when Kaesviharn was playing way too much last year." I also groaned when Dexter went down, knowing that we would likely be left with KK for the Steelers. But unless Ben finds his game between now and Sunday and we can pressure him in some measure similar to what the Jags did, it could be another long day for SquealTown.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

I think Ghiucic could end up being a better center for this O-Line by Week 8.
    I really don't know what the basis is for anyone to think something like this about him. He's simply a filler until they find someone better - he's really not that good...unfortunately.

Palomalu is hurting big time and it showed last night - question why he was even playing honestly.

The Bengals' are as banged up as they have been, in a long time. Will have to wait to see who practices this week.

I actually feel pretty good about Cincinnati's chances Sunday. They obviously have the offensive advantage and I think the special teams are a wash. The game (as most Bengals/Steelers games do) will come down to who plays better defensively.

The run defense has looked pretty good so far this young season. Holding Larry Johnson to only 60-some yards is an impressive thing and maybe just maybe the Steelers miss Jerome Bettis more than they think they do.

I think if you take away thier running game, you win the game. Despite his post season last year, I still don't think Big Ben can beat you if you force him to put the ball in the air on a consistant basis especially when he's still trying to get his feet wet this season.

I understand many folks will pick Pittsburgh just because they're the big, bad Steelers. But I feel pretty good going into the game.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    and maybe just maybe the Steelers miss Jerome Bettis more than they think they do.
    They sure missed him last night. I realize his age, but he would have been a difference maker last night if he had played.

On a side note, I envy the Jaguars defensive line. If we had a defensive line similar to Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, run stopping would not be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Obviously a lot can change over the course of the season, but I think Pittsburgh may be looking at an 8-8 season unless they can find some offense. I know the Jags D is tough as the Bengals found out last year, but that was beyond an ugly display on the O side for the Steelers. I think your right, RF30 about the Bettis influence, but their receiving corps is pretty thin right now too. I noticed the Jags kept Miller out of the game, which left them with Hines and a rookie who seemed a bit overwhelmed last night. I'd say the Bengals need to gameplan against Miller as well, esp. as much as he hurt us last year.

Really, all I can say is...

Hear that Bengal growlin' mean and angry
    Here he comes a prowlin' lean and hungry
    An offensive brute
    Run, pass or boot
    And defensively he's rough, tough
    Cincinnati Bengals
    That's the team we're going to cheer to victory
    Touchdown Bengals get some points upon that board
    And win a game for Cincinnati
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I've heard really good things about him, CJ.

Braham is, what, 35? I think he's visibly slowed.

I thought they projected Eric to replace Rich.

It'll be close, but homefield should be enough to seal it for the Steelers.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It'll be close, but homefield should be enough to seal it for the Steelers.
    I hope you're wrong about the outcome, but I'm sure you'll be right that it will be a close game. It will also be a very physical game.....should be fun!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I might be the worst Bengal fan ever, but I think the Steelers will win.

Hopefully my prediction turns out like the one I made last night did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I might be the worst Bengal fan ever, but I think the Steelers will win.

Hopefully my prediction turns out like the one I made last night did.
    Playing good teams on the road is almost impossible even for the most elite ballclubs. I think the Bengals mop-up the Steelers in Cincy, however.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Playing good teams on the road is almost impossible even for the most elite ballclubs. I think the Bengals mop-up the Steelers in Cincy, however.
    I'll be at that game! I defnitely hope for that!

It was the other way around last year, wasn't it? I think the Bengals won in Pittsburg and vice versa.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?