Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Week

Re: Steeler Week

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I'm sure there will be some fire Cowher talk after today, Steelers will be 1-2.
    Nah. Cowher can't catch the passes, punts, hold onto the ball on straight-ahead rushing plays, or prevent bonehead interceptions in the opposing end zone.

This one is all on the offense and special teams.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

WOW. What a time to take a taunting penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    WOW. What a time to take a taunting penalty!
    A celebration penalty and a taunting penalty in the same game is absolutely inexcusable...as are a number of other events during the game.

The Steelers roster needs to be running wind sprints for about two weeks.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Game over. 28-20 Bengals.

WHODEY!!
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Ballgame.

If you'd like a couple more turnovers for a little icing on the cake, I'm sure the Steelers can oblige.
    Told ya'.

Well deserved win for the Bengals, who capitalized on pretty much every opportunity. Well deserved loss for the Steelers, who couldn't find a mistake they wouldn't make.

--Ted Williams

And one elite team stands alone in the NFL. Impressive win.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Told ya'.

Well deserved win for the Bengals, who capitalized on pretty much every opportunity. Well deserved loss for the Steelers, who couldn't find a mistake they wouldn't make.
    But your team still made it very interesting at the end. It takes a good team overcome mistake after mistake and still have a chance to win the game.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The Steelers really game that game away.

The Bengals O Line wasn't too impressive. Hope that changes in coming weeks.

Good win for the Bengals.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    But your team still made it very interesting at the end. It takes a good team overcome mistake after mistake and still have a chance to win the game.
    True, but it's still got glaring deficiencies that should have been addressed in the offseason. Other than Ward and Miller, the receiving corps is decidedly third-tier. When you have to decide between Quincy Morgan or Nate Washington and have Cedric Wilson as a starting wideout, you're in trouble.

Ditto when you don't have a reliable power back or kick returner (which left them trading for an undrafted rookie and then releasing him for Najeh Davnport). I've seen this kind of thing before with Cowher and Co. and it is a pretty consistent issue- they think they can just "get by" on the strength of the defense with substandard offensive options. Last year, they were just good enough to do it but they've slipped this year and the fact that Ben has played like complete arse this year isn't helping.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    The Steelers really game that game away.

The Bengals O Line wasn't too impressive. Hope that changes in coming weeks.

Good win for the Bengals.
    I was a bit surprised by the Bengals' O-line today. The Steelers couldn't get anything resembling that amount of pressure on Leftwich last week.

--Ted Williams

I was a bit surprised by the Bengals' O-line today. The Steelers couldn't get anything resembling that amount of pressure on Leftwich last week.
    Bengals are having some serious offensive line problems. The injuries to Braham and Jones are really hurting them. Carson has now been sacked 10 times the last 2 weeks.

That was a really fun game, made all the more fun with the Bengals winning. Those two scores on back to back turnovers were indeed backbreakers. I waited and waited and waited for the force to end it, but I was really nervous once the ball got to the 16. What irony that KK ended it after he was one of the folks I thought the Steelers could pick on. I guess he is not as exposed with Madieu back there, who with Joseph give us half of a good young defensive backfield for the future. But Housh made the difference today.

Not sure what adjustment it is, but they are going to see blitz after blitz until they make it. That is where the Browns got their pressure last week, so I knew the Steelers blitzing ways would give us fits. We thank Pittsburgh, from the bottom of our heart, for fumbling the game away.

Probably the thing that surprised me the most was how well our D played.

Pitt. averaged 4.7 yards per play today. That's pretty impressive D, especially considering where the game was played. Their D was pretty solid as well, holding us to 4.8 yards per play.

Just a huge win for the Bengals. Pitt. really needed to win this game, and we answered the bell, minus a couple starters, and not playing our best game offensively, although I will credit the Steelers D for most of that.

I really don't see the Bengals losing too many football games this season.

The Steelers of today looked like the Bengals of the nineties.

That's exactly how they would lose games week in and week out.

I'm so glad it's now the oughts.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?