Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Week

Re: Steeler Week

Huge win today. As was stated above, the offensive line was a problem today. Carson didn't play particularly well (despite his numbers) but in fairness he was running for his life way too much this afternoon.

If Chris Henry stays out of jail, he's going to be very good.....

The first interception in the endzone very well could be a moment we look back on and say that turned the season. It was almost 14-0 and as bad as the offense looked early, that would have been a big hole to climb out of. Instead they pick the ball off and it leads to two unanswered scores going into halftime. Words can't say how big that was.

After seeing them play so far this season, I really believe the Bengals are the best team in the NFL right now. Remember, Odell Thurman will be back after the bye week so the defense will get another shot in the arm. It's awful fun to be a Bengals fan right now. We've come a LONG way from 2-14.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

I only got to hear the game on internet radio today...

Who wasn't getting the job done on the O-line?

Was Levi noticeably hampered by his injury?

Maybe we're missing Braham's reads more than I thought we would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Levi was in and out the entire game.

Gaichiuc whiffed on more than one guy in pass protection as well. Overall, it was an ugly day for the O-Line.

It really says a lot about the Bengals, being able to overcome it.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Thoughts on the game-

*This win was huge today for the Bengals. I think the division will ultimately come down to two teams, and that is the Bengals and Ravens. Pittsburgh may make a late comeback, but this loss today and the egg layed in Jacksonville last week will come back to haunt them.

*Remember Remember the Fifth of November. The Bengals and Ravens will play in Baltimore, and this could very well determine the AFC North Championship.

*The toughest schedule in the NFL could go either way, but I think we proved in this game that we can hang with the elite. If we win against the Patriots next week, get ready to hear the Bengals going to Miami.

*The biggest problem I see heading toward the playoffs is ego and injury. The offensive line needs to get together and quick, because we are one Carson Palmer injury from being back to square one. Chris Henry has IMO pushed TJ for the no 2 receiver, but there is a paradox. I was worried more as I watched the sidelines today about seeing Chad Johnson sulking on the sidelines as he only caught one reception all game. I like Chad, and he is FAR from Terrell Owens, but he needs to realize he isnt the only receiver on this team capable of breaking a game. He needs to be more like Marvin Harrison and not Randy Moss.

*If Palmer cuts down on the interceptions and gets more protection, maybe not this year, but next, this offense will be on par with the Colts of two years ago when Manning broke Marino's record. I'm not saying Palmer will score the most TD's in a season, but he could be in for an MVP performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Well deserved win by the Bengals...class of the division.

Better learn how to stop the run though if they plan on winning it all.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

In addition to improving the O-Line and stopping the cutback run, hopefully they practice on the idea of a designated driver this week.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    In addition to improving the O-Line and stopping the cutback run, hopefully they practice on the idea of a designated driver this week.

Okay, I'm totally drawing a blank on what your point is here.

Was there another DUI?
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Okay, I'm totally drawing a blank on what your point is here.

Was there another DUI?
    Odell Thurman last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Odell Thurman last night.
    If I'm not mistaken, that's another strike against the league's substance abuse policy. If so, he'd be out for the season, no?
    Last edited by NJReds; 09-25-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that's a strike against the league's substance abuse policy. If so, he'd be out for the season, no?
    I am not sure what the exact rules are since is his 2nd offense. I am not sure if it is the season or another 4 weeks. He was due to return to practice on October 2nd. This will probably stop that.

Actually this would be his 3rd offense. So he would be looking at a year suspension.

What was the point in running with Rudi for the first two plays of almost every drive? It obviously wasn't working, so why go with it? Keep the defense on their toes. The play patterns were very predictable at first. Once we started passing more, we started running better and scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Thoughts on the game-

*This win was huge today for the Bengals. I think the division will ultimately come down to two teams, and that is the Bengals and Ravens. Pittsburgh may make a late comeback, but this loss today and the egg layed in Jacksonville last week will come back to haunt them.

*Remember Remember the Fifth of November. The Bengals and Ravens will play in Baltimore, and this could very well determine the AFC North Championship.
    I'm really not impressed with the Ravens. They don't worry me...maybe they should but they don't. Who have they beaten? Tampa Bay? Bad team. Oakland? Puh-leez. Cleveland? They should have lost that game.

So the Ravens have beaten three, WINLESS teams. Oooohh! Look out!

Ravens = Paper tiger, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Well deserved win by the Bengals...class of the division.

Better learn how to stop the run though if they plan on winning it all.
    Classy post del. Thanks for the props.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    What was the point in running with Rudi for the first two plays of almost every drive? It obviously wasn't working, so why go with it? Keep the defense on their toes.
    Yep. Keep them honest. IMO, the Bengals have a very balanced attack. You have to keep mixing it up. Even if one aspect of the game is not particularly working that day.

And might I add that that hit on Henry over the middle would cause me to violate the league's substance abuse policy. Downright nasty!

But is getting DUI a violation of that policy?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    I'm really not impressed with the Ravens. They don't worry me...maybe they should but they don't. Who have they beaten? Tampa Bay? Bad team. Oakland? Puh-leez. Cleveland? They should have lost that game.

So the Ravens have beaten three, WINLESS teams. Oooohh! Look out!

Ravens = Paper tiger, IMO.
    You could be right. But I wouldn't let my guard down against them. At least they are beating those teams you are suppose to beat.

But yeah - my Brownies should have beaten them yesterday.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?