Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you sit on the issue ?

Where do you sit on the issue ?

What seats/area in GABP do you normally sit in? Why?

I am in the View Level Box on the RF line about 1/2 between 1B and the foul poll. That's what was available when I bought the mini-package last year. We did choose the first row so no one will block my view and that there woln't be 1000 people walking past every minute.

For the last two games, however, we've sat in the Club Home seats right behind home plate. They are expensive but well worth the money. Behind home plate, lots of foul balls, great view, close to the action, waiters, padded seats.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-20-2006 at 08:28 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where do you sit on the issue ?

In 2003 my season tickets were in the Sun/Moon Deck 7 rows up in the middle of the row. 2004 - no season tickets... but last year I went once again with the Sun/Moon Deck but 1/2 way up and the last seat (so no one would bother me) right next to the visitor bullpen. This year as part of the Power Pack I got the Bleachers (first row).

If I had a preference for pricey seats it would be the first rows of the Sun/Moon Deck. But I'm pretty cheap so it's the last seat, top row on either side of the ballpark. The reasoning is that I don't want people bothering me when I'm watching a game... (having Chip around is OK... )

Another reason for the above mentioned seats is that I'm short and the angle of the lower level seating (the higher priced) is such that if another person who is taller is sitting in front of me, the view is blocked. The company tickets, as wonderful as they are - Row 132 is a problem when there is taller people around.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 09-20-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

My favorite place to sit is the sun/moon deck. The tickets are cheap and its the only place where I am likely to have a chance at an Adam Dunn HR ball. It's also good for a ball or two at batting practice.

Diamond seats are sweet too. I saw a game from those seats with my mom last year and we decided to make it a yearly thing. We are going moondeck on Friday, Diamond on Saturday and 3rd base terrace on Sunday. Should be a fun, baseball filled weekend.

Supreme Jar Opener

I once sat in the scout seats at Riverfront (my mom was dating a local news anchor at the time...) that was the awesome... :notworthy A family friend gave us two of his season tickets last year. 3 rows back from 3rd base. That was pretty nice. But we're cheap, so the moon deck is the norm, and close to the rest rooms, which is important when you have kids.

Headed South

Moon deck is the place to be, hands down.

No matter what tickets I buy (usually day-of), my friends and I scoot down to the emptiest part of the moon deck, flake out and enjoy ourselves.

Sigh. I miss summer; Baton Rouge is footballmad these days.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

- e.b.

I love the terrace left field seats. I only get to a handful of games a year, but when I do, I try to get tickets from ebay in the front row. Sections 103 and 104 are my favorite. You're so close to the action, you can see everything, and it's prime home run territory. And also Dunner is right there so that makes the view all that much better!

I will say, however, that I don't like those seats for day games. You're in the sun the whole time and it's terribly hot. I got fried there this summer.

We sit in the Mezzanine Infield seats sections 417-419. You get a great view, of the game and the river, and the abovementioned angle is better for my boys. I think for the price it is a good value- I like them alot better than anything on the lower level that is past first/third base down the line. The View level seats right behind the plate are also pretty good for the price, too, if they are pretty low. I have never cared to sit in the outfield, although the overhang at Tiger STadium was pretty cool. We go to 15-20 games a year- not bad for living 3 hours away- and if I can get really good seat- Club Level or a few rows in back of the dugout (did both this year) I don't really care too much where I sit the rest of the year.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Our regular seats are in section 132 (maybe we're close to you, Kitty) right at the end of the Reds' dugout so the vast majority of the games I go to that is where I sit. That is also relatively the same position that our seats were in Riverfront so that is the angle at which I am accustomed to watching the games. I can judge fly balls pretty well there, tell when a right-hander has gone too far on his swing, and I've yet to get a call wrong at first base. Also, when the crowd is sparse around us we have been known to get some TV time when there is a runner on first and they use the camera from the visitor's dugout.

We've sat out in the Sun/Moon Deck a few times with the girls and I really like those seats. We've also watched a few games from the Machine Room, both inside along the windows and at the tables they have outside. Not bad if the kids are in tow but the view from there, especially inside, leaves a lot to be desired. I've told my Scout Seats story on here and those are great seats; especially when they're free. View level behind the plate is also a nice location, you can see the entire field, scoreboard, river...everything.

I sit View Level infield Box most of time. I have set in 121 and 128 once each and they were great!!!

I don't care where I sit, but I think my favorite seats are the view level seats right behind homeplate.

The last couple of times, I've sprung for the Club Home seats, and as mentioned above, those are very nice!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

club seats ... very comfortable and good sight lines

Big fan of the Sun/Moon Deck.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

If it was just me, I would prefer lower View level seats behind the plate. I love the view of the whole field at once. But with my wife prefering to be close to the field and my kids desiring the rare chance at an autograph, I usually have to sit in the field boxes.
    Let's play two!!!

I get whatever the cheapest seats are every game and then move down and sit wherever I desire that day. Usually the outfield but oftentimes down the third or first base lines. I have sat in the scout seats and they are incredible but if I'm going with my dad or girlfriend I'll usually buy tickets out in the sun/moon deck cause they are the best for the money.

I either like to sit along the first base line near the dugout, along the third base line right up near where the concessions are on the first level, or up in the top level behind home plate. No matter what I have to be in good view of the scoreboard, I HAVE to see that during the game!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?