Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Showtime Series : "Brotherhood"

  1. #1
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Showtime Series : "Brotherhood"

    Not sure how many Showtime subscribers we have on the board, I know we've got a bunch of HBO people...

    This might be the show that replaces The Sopranos for me once this final run is over. I've found most Showtime original programming to be inferior to HBO, but they have obviously spent a boatload of cash developing this show and bringing in a bunch of A-list talent.

    Jason Isaacs and Jason Clarke star.





    Info on the show for the uninitiated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotherhood_%28Showtime%29

    Anyone else seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,328

    Re: Showtime Series : "Brotherhood"

    I watched the first few episodes but got busy. I didn't think it was as good as the Sopranos, although I really didn't like this last season it was kind of boring. But maybe Brotherhood got better after I stopped watching I plan on catching up OnDemand when I'm not so busy with work.

  4. #3
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Showtime Series : "Brotherhood"

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I watched the first few episodes but got busy. I didn't think it was as good as the Sopranos, although I really didn't like this last season it was kind of boring. But maybe Brotherhood got better after I stopped watching I plan on catching up OnDemand when I'm not so busy with work.
    Razor I felt the exact same way after the first couple.

    KEEP WITH IT. You will not be disappointed.

    This has the makings of a long-running, great show. Did you check out the Wikipedia link? Some REALLY interesting facts about the show and it's production.

    The 2nd season has already been ordered.

    What were your impressions of what you did see? (wracking my brain to think back to the first few) How many episodes did you actually watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #4
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,328

    Re: Showtime Series : "Brotherhood"

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Razor I felt the exact same way after the first couple.

    KEEP WITH IT. You will not be disappointed.

    This has the makings of a long-running, great show. Did you check out the Wikipedia link? Some REALLY interesting facts about the show and it's production.

    The 2nd season has already been ordered.

    What were your impressions of what you did see? (wracking my brain to think back to the first few) How many episodes did you actually watch?
    I think I watched 3, but I can't really remember. I'll probably have to watch all of them from the begininng. I don't really remember anything specific, but it seemed to drag just a little bit. I'll probably watch 3 or 4 this weekend.

  6. #5
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Showtime Series : "Brotherhood"

    Cool. Make sure to come back and give your thoughts.

    I've really enjoyed this show, but, no doubt, things get much MUCH more interesting/convoluted as the season progresses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25