Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Where's Lonny Roa?

Where's Lonny Roa?

What happened to this guy? I was all excited because he looked like freakin' Soriano in his draft video, but all he's done is rack up 103 mediocre at bats in the gulf coast between '04-'05. Is he injured this year or what?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Where's Lonny Roa?

According to the Baseball America search function, Roa has zero batting stats for the 2006 season.

He was just awful at the plate in two seasons at GCL - and since he was signed as a hitting catcher, that means I'd probably bet cash money he's working in another industry right now.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...onny-Roa.shtml

I hoped for good things as well, he was one of the highest players taken so far out of the new Puerto Rico Baseball Academy.
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 09-26-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

The Reds released Roa in March or April. No reasons listed that I've ever seen.

that means I'd probably bet cash money he's working in another industry right now.
    I bet he could mash in a homerun derby though.

Turn Off Ads?