Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew Stubbs and Chris Valaika named BA PL Top 20 prospects

Re: Drew Stubbs and Chris Valaika named BA PL Top 20 prospects

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Since the scouting report for both players are behind the Subscriber Firewall, I'll summerize.

For Stubbs - High Draft pick, swing raised eyebrows, has trouble w/ pitch recognition & has a long swing at times. But has monstrous power, above average speed and an average arm

For Valaika - Looked like a 1st round talent in college before injury, great contact hitter, good pitch recognition, quick hands, Gap power but not a home run hitter. Lack of range & strong arm will mean a move to 3B later.
    Stubbs' hitting report sounds like Drew Henson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    In the chat they mentioned that if Loo had qualified he would have made the GCL list. They said that they love him and his aggressive hitting approach..
    And in the chat it also said that Stubbs got some love for the #1 spot...

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Ravin's a young Homer Bailey.

Coming from you Aronchis, I'm not sure if thats praise or a diss on Ravin. :
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Coming from you Aronchis, I'm not sure if thats praise or a diss on Ravin. :
    Since I have never have said anything bad about Homer in the first place, I think you are offbase.......

My view with Homer is his overall stuff isn't what it is made out to be, in a very Josh Beckett way(similiar builds and deliveries). Though that doesn't mean he doesn't have upper rotation ability, he does, but at this time while he struggles developing his changeup, he will get exposed in the majors because his fastball doesn't have the type of movement needed to succeed with only 2 pitches. He really needs that changeup to become a good pitch to be the ace we all hope him to be.

Ravin has a similiar build and delivery to Bailey. His changeup may even be more developed than Homer's right now, big steal if he can stay healthy.

Ravin has an 89-91 MPH FB that had touched 94 in HS
    Am I wrong or did I read somewhere that he was touching 96MPH this year? Ravin's delivery is wierd though. I'm very far from anything close to an expert, but both Ravin and Roenicke look like they could throw way harder if they didn't have panzy deliveries.

You may have read that Superdude, I havent seen that though. I hope you did read that right though, a few extra MPH never hurt anyone (as long as it was acheived without overthrowing). Do you remember where you read that at, I would like to take a look at it, see if maybe its got some other stuff in there as well.

I really have no idea where I got that. I just remember hearing it somewhere.

Turn Off Ads?