Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coco Crisp in CF in 2007?

Coco Crisp in CF in 2007?

check out this site:

http://www.benmaller.com/#mlb_rumors_notes

It seems the Red Sox want to dump Crisp due to a poor 2006.

Could the Reds get him on the cheap?

Would you want him in CF?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Coco Crisp in CF in 2007?

I would take him for the right price. I think a change of scenery would do him good, and I think Boston isn't a good place for a guy like him. With that being said, I'd want Boston to pick up a big portion of the contract, because the guy has been a complete bust there this year.

If the Red Sox get short-sighted on Crisp, I'd love to relieve them of his presence. In fact I expect he'll have a break out season next year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If the Red Sox get short-sighted on Crisp, I'd love to relieve them of his presence. In fact I expect he'll have a break out season next year.
    My fantasy team was disappointed not to see Melvin Mora among the AL MVP candidates.

I agree that Crisp will have a breakout season next year,but I don't think that'll happen in Boston. I agree that he doesn't belong there. Defensively, he would be a nice upgrade in CF. Not sure where I'd hit him, though. I think Crisp is more of a 2 hole or 6 hole hitter, but I know Jerry would stick him in the lead off spot, or 7th,
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Boston remains focused on figuring out a way to acquire center fielder Andruw Jones from Atlanta, but a first step is for the Red Sox to unload disappointing Coco Crisp and the three-year, $15.5 million extension he was given before playing his first game in Boston.
    -- Rocky Mountain News
    School's out. What did you expect?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Red Sox fans like seeing home runs, how about we trade them Eric Milton and they will get to see plenty of them. Too bad they will be for the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Boston remains focused on figuring out a way to acquire center fielder Andruw Jones from Atlanta, but a first step is for the Red Sox to unload disappointing Coco Crisp and the three-year, $15.5 million extension he was given before playing his first game in Boston.
    -- Rocky Mountain News
    Maybe a LaRue + prospect for Crisp trade would work? Wakefield's option will probably be picked up, though, and that means Doug Mirabelli will probably be back as his personal catcher, making LaRue useless to them.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Get him and bury him away from the lead off spot, should explode there.
    Go Gators!

Unless we are getting him on the cheap or getting him in a deal that would send away some of our higher priced players/contracts (ie LaRue) I just wouldn't do it. I have never really been a been fan/propenent of Crisp for some reason. Even back in Cleveland.

CF in 2007?

I am of the opinion we need someone besides KGJ in CF.

Freel can play there but not everyday.

If I were WK I would inquire about Crisp

I like Crisp and would happily take him here. As was metioned, I'd bat him down in the order 6 or so.

I haven't seen him play so no way to verify, but I've read that he's had a bad year on defense as well as offense. I have only seen this sporadically and don't know what to make of it. Anyone with more info please share.

I love Crisp's tools. It's a bit of a risk though to pick up his contact when he has a lifetime OBP 329 and SLG of 416.

To put things in perspective, In 2002, Reggie Taylor posted a OBP 291 and SLG of 429 [720 OPS] which is only .025 lower than Crisp's lifetime OPS numbers and better than Crisp's numbers this year [702 OPS]. Obviously, Taylor was not very popular around here.

If we get Crisp, it will help the defense a lot (which is a worthy goal), but then it limits our options for improving the offense. I'm on the fence on this one. If we still had Lopez or could persuade Dunn to move to 1b, I'd feel a lot better about it. (I assume the Reds won't acquire a new 1b since they extended Hat).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

How about this guys:

Dino (prospect)
    Milton (guy who fenway may help)
    LArue (a solid backup to Varitek)

for

Crisp (CF wiht speed and can lead off)
    Clement (another bust pitcher)

But for this to work I believe the Red Sox would have to pay around %-7 mil of Crisp new contract and a couple mil of Clements,but they can afford it.

This would give Cincy a CF and a pitcher not named Milton.The Reds might have to give up another prospect or Switch Freel out with Dino if Boston kicks in money but i believe it could work and help both teams out.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like Crisp and would happily take him here. As was metioned, I'd bat him down in the order 6 or so.

I haven't seen him play so no way to verify, but I've read that he's had a bad year on defense as well as offense. I have only seen this sporadically and don't know what to make of it. Anyone with more info please share.
    He's had his moments, mental errors, weak arm, misjudging flyballs. He's had his great moments, too, because his speed and athleticism can make up for a lot. I don't want the Red Sox to trade him. I don't think his finger ever healed properly, and I expect him to do much better offensively next year no matter where he's playing, if he's healthy. But if the Red Sox do dump him at a discount after targeting him specifically and giving up so much to get him, then they deserve to have to watch him play really well for someone else.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    He's had his moments, mental errors, weak arm, misjudging flyballs. He's had his great moments, too, because his speed and athleticism can make up for a lot. I don't want the Red Sox to trade him. I don't think his finger ever healed properly, and I expect him to do much better offensively next year no matter where he's playing, if he's healthy. But if the Red Sox do dump him at a discount after targeting him specifically and giving up so much to get him, then they deserve to have to watch him play really well for someone else.

Man, you're good. This from Rotoworld.com moments ago:

Coco Crisp is scheduled to undergo surgery on his left index finger Monday.

There is a fracture in the bone that will require a pin or a screw to be inserted. The Red Sox haven't commented further, but it sounds like the injury he suffered in April never healed correctly. If that's the case, his disappointing performance is certainly more undertstandable. The Red Sox will finish the year with David Murphy and Gabe Kapler in center field.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?