Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, what in God's name happened to the Cardinals?

GOREDSGO32

Wow, what in God's name happened to the Cardinals?

I see today the Reds are 3.5 back after conceding the season?? Whoa. What happened there?
    Last edited by macro; 09-26-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Masked Profanity

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wow, what in God's name happened to the Cardinals?

just think if the Reds didnt collapse on the west coast the Reds are in 1st right now!!

they are still alive as the Cards keep losing... we can PRAY for a Miracle!!

Stat geek...and proud

Astros still have a shot, a long shot, but a shot nonetheless. Reds are a pipe dream. They are playing well because the pressure's off.

the astros wont lose

Injuries to edmonds, eckstein, Mulder and Izzy to start. If it weren't for Chris Duncan's emergence there may not be a .500 team in the central.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    just think if the Reds didnt collapse on the west coast the Reds are in 1st right now!!

they are still alive as the Cards keep losing... we can PRAY for a Miracle!!
    Yeah that west coast trip is gonna sting until spring training. If only.....

GOREDSGO32

It will take a Doug Flutie fluke for the Reds to somehow get in. I'm hoping for .500 personally. And I'll be honest, since that road trip I haven't kept up with the Reds at all other than looking at a box score here and there. Baseball in September dies with me pretty much, especially since the Reds are out of contention way before then usually.

It would be utterly hilarious if the Cardinals, after losing the World Series in 2004 and the NLCS in 2005, both years in which they were a great team, finally took home the trophy this year.

So hilarious that I had not in fact considered the possibility until this very moment.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32 View Post
    It will take a Doug Flutie fluke for the Reds to somehow get in. I'm hoping for .500 personally. And I'll be honest, since that road trip I haven't kept up with the Reds at all other than looking at a box score here and there. Baseball in September dies with me pretty much, especially since the Reds are out of contention way before then usually.
    keyword= "usually"

No matter the pipe dream, they are still mathematically alive. That's more than the mighty White Sox can say!!!

It would be absolutely horrible if Houston got it. If the division ends in a dead heat between three teams, wouldn't the Reds be guaranteed a spot because of their division record?

wow if only the reds didnt go through that rugged stretch if they were only about 2 games better theyd have a great shot

Compare the Cards to

their 2004 & 2005 teams & you will see they are MUCH worse.
    Notice their SP, after Carpenter they don't have much.
    The replacement parts they added this year didn't work out.
    their farm system hasn't been producing.
    Edmonds got old.
    etc

The Reds had their chance but they blew it.
    The reason the Reds blew it - they are just frustratingly average

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    It would be absolutely horrible if Houston got it. If the division ends in a dead heat between three teams, wouldn't the Reds be guaranteed a spot because of their division record?
    I don't think so. If the wild card came out of the East or West, I think there would be a 3 way playoff between the Central teams. If the wld card came out of the Central, the Reds would win the division because of best head to head record against HOU and StL and the latter two would have a playoff for the wild card spot. However, I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If the wld card came out of the Central, the Reds would win the division because of best head to head record against HOU and StL and the latter two would have a playoff for the wild card spot. However, I could be wrong.
    Alright, I don't know about anybody else, but I've decided that this is the thread to which I will now officially cling.

Anybody with a cool spreadsheet program care to tell me what the odds of this are?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?