Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonds ties Aaron for NL homer mark

Bonds ties Aaron for NL homer mark

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...2/c1677011.jsp
    Bonds ties Aaron for NL homer mark
    09/22/2006 10:29 PM ET
    By Rich Draper / MLB.com

DENVER -- Giants slugger Barry Bonds hit career homer 733 on Friday night at Miller Park, tying Hank Aaron for the National League's all-time home run record.
    The blast off Milwaukee reliever Chris Spurling in the sixth inning was Bonds' 25th four-bagger of the season and leaves him 22 homers shy of Aaron's Major League mark of 755 career homers. Hammerin' Hank also slugged 22 homers over two seasons with the American League Milwaukee Brewers in 1975-76.

Bonds, who boasts 557 homers in a Giants uniform, has been on an offensive tear over his last 26 games, hitting .400 with nine homers, and he had already doubled twice and driven in three runs prior to the three-run shot off Spurling.

The blast boosted the Giants into an 11-10 lead, and Bonds' six RBIs tied a season high for San Francisco.

Spurling became the 433rd pitcher to allow a homer to Bonds.

Although hitting just .273 overall, improved health -- especially in his knees -- has meant a sturdier platform at the plate, where Bonds can use his legs and arms in a powerful symmetry.

Bonds' homer was his ninth clout in his last 20 games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bonds ties Aaron for NL homer mark

I hate to see this happen. This is a shame that Arron's legitimate numbers he set for records are being equaled or past by Bonds.

Haunted by walks

Who would have thought it was up to a Milwaukee Brewer to save baseball's home run record?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    I hate to see this happen. This is a shame that Arron's legitimate numbers he set for records are being equaled or past by Bonds.

Aaron admitted to using Amphetamines. A PED banned in all sports.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goten View Post
    Aaron admitted to using Amphetamines. A PED banned in all sports.
    Lot of difference between speed and steriods. Speed gives you energy, but steriods gives you strength. More power to break a record set by a man who did it on his God-given strength.

Sorry, but Barry's a fraud and the more I see the adoration on ESPN, the sicker it makes me.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

"Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

: I'm pulling for Bonds if for no other reason than to watch the commissioner's office squirm when he pulls within a few HR's of Aaron's record.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Lot of difference between speed and steriods. Speed gives you energy, but steriods gives you strength. More power to break a record set by a man who did it on his God-given strength.

Sorry, but Barry's a fraud and the more I see the adoration on ESPN, the sicker it makes me.
    There is a difference between speed and steroids. On takes work to benefit from, while the other doesn't.

Proof that greenies enhance performance ? Jesus, what about quotes from professional ballplayers who report quicker batspeed, footspeed, and pitchers who increase their velocity ?

What about studies done on swim and track teams ?

What about Mike Schmidt on the mike and mike show saying they could definitely benefit an athlete to a high degree ?

What about Chad Curtis teammate saying he doesn't care about steroids being banned from baseball, but knew if they were banned, amphetamines would be to, and he can't play without them ?

Just name it bub. I could post hundreds of articles backing up the claim that amphetamines are effective performance enhancers.

Sorry, but don't give me that " speed isn't a good ped " crap because some of your favorite players popped these pills like candy. They are performance enhancing drugs, it's a concrete fact.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'm reading "Game of Shadows" right now. My dislike of that ass deepens.

BOOO!!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Go Gators!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Barry who?

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I'm reading "Game of Shadows" right now. My dislike of that ass deepens.

BOOO!!
    Assuming everything in it is true, nothing there makes him any more despicable. Other than the fact they try to describe Bonds steroid regimen as sophiscated, when in all actuality, it's not.

Assuming everything in it is true, nothing there makes him any more despicable. Other than the fact they try to describe Bonds steroid regimen as sophiscated, when in all actuality, it's not.
    There is so much eveidence out there, that to me this book is nothing less than gospel regarding the steroid allegations

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    There is so much eveidence out there, that to me this book is nothing less than gospel regarding the steroid allegations

Right, but nothing in the book actually proves he used illegal drugs. Well, outside of the only non anonymous source, the alleged mistress Kimerbly Belle.

Right, but nothing in the book actually proves he used illegal drugs. Well, outside of the only non anonymous source, the alleged mistress Kimerbly Belle.
    Yeah, and OJ Simpson was innoncent.

Turn Off Ads?