Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ron and Fez

Ron and Fez

So I admit it....I love Opie and Anthony.

It's trashy, crude, and it plays very well to the parts of my brain inhabited by lizards.

Lately, I've found myself getting more laughs out of Ron and Fez. The more I listen, the more I love it.

Ron Bennington's a comic genious. It might take a few listens to figure it out, but the guy's sarcasm is unbelieveable.

Any other XMers digging on them lately?
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ron and Fez

I hear the promos on XM when listening to the baseball channel, but I've never listened. Lately I've been pondering it though because of some of the highlights.

That good huh?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Ron and Fez have a really good show. I am also a big Opie and Anthony fan but I also find myself listening more and more to Ron and Fez. I never get to hear all of both shows but between the 2 shows it is a great 8 hours of radio each day.

Love O & A but never really listen to Ron & Fez all that much. Have a few times and it hasn't been that bad.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Ron and Fez have a really good show. I am also a big Opie and Anthony fan but I also find myself listening more and more to Ron and Fez. I never get to hear all of both shows but between the 2 shows it is a great 8 hours of radio each day.
    Yes, I agree 100%. (XM202 rules!)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I don't have XM, but I used to listen to the earlier incarnation of their show. Prior to teaming up officially with Fez Whatley, Ron Bennington used to host a morning show with another DJ by the name of Ron Diaz.

Back then it was called...wait for it..."The Ron & Ron Show" and was an absolute scream of a show. The show was broadcast on WYNF out of Tampa and kept me going many mornings. Fez was always in the studio back then along with several other characters. The duo split up after Ron Diaz lost his wife Debbie (who had contracted the AIDS virus a few years prior).

I have listened to them a few times off their website...man I miss that show.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I too like O&A, but find myself liking Ron & Fez more. They don't do as many "stunts," as O&A, they are just so sarcasticly funny. Ron is truly a comedic genius.

I used to listen to Ron and Ron some and it was great. I had no idea that Ron and Fez had their own show when I got my XM. What a pleasant surprise it has been. I just wish their show would be replayed more that just once. It's on live 12-3 and then replayed 12-3 am, the other 18 hours are O&A. O&A are pretty good at times but sometimes it gets annoying to listen to.

I think O&A are horrible Stern clones. They're also apparently Stern obsessed.

Going back to terrestrial for part of their broadcast was a huge cop-out, IMO.

Lame lame lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Ron Bennington is a comedic genius. I've never listened to someone that has a quicker wit and better sense of timing than him. Ron & Fez is such a great show, but I rarely get a chance to listen due to my current work setup.

The other thing that really sets it apart from O&A (another show I love, but for different reasons) is how well prepared they are for guests. I've heard some truly interesting radio interviews on that show -- and normally guests on a show like that are dull and break the flow of things badly.

Count me as another huge R&F fan.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    I used to listen to Ron and Ron some and it was great. I had no idea that Ron and Fez had their own show when I got my XM. What a pleasant surprise it has been. I just wish their show would be replayed more that just once. It's on live 12-3 and then replayed 12-3 am, the other 18 hours are O&A. O&A are pretty good at times but sometimes it gets annoying to listen to.
    They do replay Ron and Fez at different times throughout the weekend. That is where I catch up with a lot of the shows I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    They do replay Ron and Fez at different times throughout the weekend. That is where I catch up with a lot of the shows I miss.
    You can get the weekend schedule via this LINK:

http://www.xmradio.com/programming/c...age.jsp?ch=202
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Turn Off Ads?