Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dont look now, Houston in the running

  1. #1
    Porkchop Sandwiches DoogMinAmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Homebase, Ohio
    Posts
    2,540

    Dont look now, Houston in the running

    7-3 tonight over the Cards

    With the four game sweep of the Cards, the Astros are now only 3.5 out, with games against Phi, Pitt and Atl to end the season. Cincy is now only 4 out. Could this end up being a race?

    Elim.# Games to play
    Hou 5 8
    Cin 4 7

    EDIT: I think momentum rests with the Stros, the Reds are on fumes. The question is does St. Louis choke it away?
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

    Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    24,910

    Re: Dont look now, Houston in the running

    We have to win out for a start.

    That ain't happening.

  4. #3
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Dont look now, Houston in the running

    Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    7-3 tonight over the Cards

    With the four game sweep of the Cards, the Astros are now only 3.5 out, with games against Phi, Pitt and Atl to end the season. Cincy is now only 4 out. Could this end up being a race?

    Elim.# Games to play
    Hou 5 8
    Cin 4 7

    EDIT: I think momentum rests with the Stros, the Reds are on fumes. The question is does St. Louis choke it away?
    tho the "fumes" part is right,it reminds me of other things we have heard stark,onley,phillips and others say all season:

    reds cant stay in it , no pitching etc etc

    with basically 2 starters .....a week to go, and we are at least still "in it"

  5. #4
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,498

    Re: Dont look now, Houston in the running

    Cards host the Padres for 3 games. Must wins on both sides. This race may be really close by the final weekend.

  6. #5
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Dont look now, Houston in the running

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    tho the "fumes" part is right,it reminds me of other things we have heard stark,onley,phillips and others say all season:

    reds cant stay in it , no pitching etc etc

    with basically 2 starters .....a week to go, and we are at least still "in it"
    You are absolultely right and we have been running on fumes. As many have noted, we've been doing it now with two of our starting OF'ers out with injuries, a SS position in constant flux and a much depleted and patched together pitching staff (both starters and relievers).

    You are absolutely right, and even in this team's collapse, few give the due credit, but this team is not mathmatically eliminiated with a week to go. As strange as this season has been, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Cards could completely collapse or that we suddenly once again get hot as we were earlier. Likely? No, but not impossible.

  7. #6
    Recovering Cubs Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    711

    Re: Dont look now, Houston in the running

    If they win, they have a chance. If they don't win, they have no chance.

    Same as it's been all season.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Dont look now, Houston in the running

    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    If they win, they have a chance. If they don't win, they have no chance.

    Same as it's been all season.
    Very profound.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25