Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C'mon, admit it, you did it too........

Worth The Wait

C'mon, admit it, you did it too........

You took a peak at the standings after our win today

Yeah, me too. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Weird thing is, that if we can somehow win out (stop laughing) at that point, the Cards/Astros don't even need to TOTALLY fall apart-- just finish below average. I guess all I'm saying is that w/ 6 games left we still haven't been eliminated. I am "excited" about the upcoming week? Well, no. But yeah, I'll be taking a peak at the scoreboard tonight. You will too

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: C'mon, admit it, you did it too........

Yeah, I admit- I can't let go yet- I know it isn't gonna happen, but I guess pretending make it more interesting, and I never did the pessimism thing too well.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post

Weird thing is, that if we can somehow win out (stop laughing) at that point, the Cards/Astros don't even need to TOTALLY fall apart-- just finish below average. I guess all I'm saying is that w/ 6 games left we still haven't been eliminated. I am "excited" about the upcoming week? Well, no. But yeah, I'll be taking a peak at the scoreboard tonight. You will too
    I'll bite. I didn't look. But since you asked--how many games back?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'll bite. I didn't look. But since you asked--how many games back?
    We're only four games behind the Cardinals. It certainly helped that the Astros swept them this weekend. Of course, we now have another team three and a half games behind the cardinals, which would be...the Astros.

Five and a half back in the wild card, behind Houston, Dodgers, and the current WC leader, which is, terrifyingly, the Phillies.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I calculated the chances of getting AT LEAST a three way tie for the division at 2.13%.

The wild card is much more remote.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I did.

Dang It! We're due for a 7 game winning streak! And now we have our secret weapon off the bench.

I peeked and posted the Standings after the game. I haven't given up yet.

i did too...i kinda always doubted the 99 team --i just dint give my heart away to them because i dint think they could pull off the kind of streak they pulled off the last half of the season ....so i missed out on much of the joy --course i was in grad school then too and i felt like if i got to involved with the reds- i wouldn't be able to keep my studies together --so yeah, i got a masters out of it -but what did i give up? true love? ---if i had to do it all again ....i'd woulda still got the masters, but i woulda peeked a whole lot more.... god, i love baseball.

Yeah I was over at Yahoo gawking at the standings, thinking, hm, there is still a chance. Time to change my meds.

Worth The Wait

Cards lose again. What am I missing? Are the Cards on pace to play 161? Do they have an "if necessary" game with someone?

Cards lose again. What am I missing? Are the Cards on pace to play 161? Do they have an "if necessary" game with someone?
    Yes vs. the Giants.

Giants
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Astros win and Cards loss put REDS normalized probability of AT LEAST a three way tie at 2.84%.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Astros win and Cards loss put REDS normalized probability of AT LEAST a three way tie at 2.84%.
    It's rising!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?