Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Dunn's RBI total 95 or higher?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

21 45.65%
  • No.

25 54.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Dunn get 95 RBIs?

Re: Will Dunn get 95 RBIs?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But for anyone to try and make him shoulder the reason for this team's collapse in the last 2 months, without looking at this team as a whole, is being just as dishonest.
    I agree, pointing selectively to Dunn while turning a blind eye to the infield errors that contributed all season to the pitching failures, and the outright blowing of leads and allowing additional runs by bad starters and bad bullpen pitchers doesn't seem appropriate. Plus Narron and his coaching staff made several questionable decisions that contributed to the overall outcome to date. I am not a Dunn fan, never have been, but the Reds woes go way deeper than rather Dunn hits or not.

2. Turn Off Ads?

But for anyone to try and make him shoulder the reason for this team's collapse in the last 2 months, without looking at this team as a whole, is being just as dishonest.
    I agree, pointing selectively to Dunn while turning a blind eye to the infield errors that contributed all season to the pitching failures, and the outright blowing of leads and allowing additional runs by bad starters and bad bullpen pitchers doesn't seem appropriate. Plus Narron and his coaching staff made several questionable decisions that contributed to the overall outcome to date. I am not a Dunn fan, never have been, but the Reds woes go way deeper than rather Dunn hits or not.

Who is doing this? It seems like you guys are making good arguments, but with whom are you arguing? I still have not seen a poster state: "Adam Dunn is the sole problem with this team." There are plenty of posts about the infield errors, pitching failures and blowing of leads. Not to mention (although I'm mentioning it) how many times Narron has been blamed. All of the problems of this team are being discussed and Adam Dunn's performance at the end of the season is one of them. Personally, I think he'll come back next year and be fine, but I'm an optimist so maybe I'm just hoping.
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Who is doing this? It seems like you guys are making good arguments, but with whom are you arguing? I still have not seen a poster state: "Adam Dunn is the sole problem with this team." There are plenty of posts about the infield errors, pitching failures and blowing of leads. Not to mention (although I'm mentioning it) how many times Narron has been blamed. All of the problems of this team are being discussed and Adam Dunn's performance at the end of the season is one of them. Personally, I think he'll come back next year and be fine, but I'm an optimist so maybe I'm just hoping.
    No one is doing it. I think what's happening is that Dunn's game is so extreme (on it's good and bad points) that he polarizes people with different views of the game. If you evaluate a player's value mostly with OPS, you're a Dunn fan. If you have a more classical view of players and how they should be evaluated (defense, clutch hitting, baserunning), you'll have your problems with Dunn. I think what stings a little bit for the OPS folk is Dunn failing to deliver when the Reds needed him most, by any statistical argument. They feel their philosophy of the game is a little bit threatened and want to quell any mention of Dunn-- thus the "don't blame Dunn for the season" statements.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    No one is doing it. I think what's happening is that Dunn's game is so extreme (on it's good and bad points) that he polarizes people with different views of the game. If you evaluate a player's value mostly with OPS, you're a Dunn fan.
    He's OPS'ing .864 this year, hardly in the stratosphere. Regardless of whether you're a charter member of the Dunn Club, or you think he should have been traded yesterday, the fact is that 2006 will turn out to be a down year for him. There's really no arguing that. The question is, what does he return to next year? Two years of declining stats from your best and (almost) highest paid player is cause for concern. That's where I am right now. I'd happily pay big money for the 2004 Adam Dunn, but I'm far less enamored with the 2006 model. I'm just wondering which one he truly is.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Sure Dunn is having his share of problems at the moment. He's a streaky hitter. Here's something to chew on for a while though. When all is said and done, the Reds may miss the post season by half a dozen games. How many games did the bullpen lose this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Who is doing this? It seems like you guys are making good arguments, but with whom are you arguing?
    First off - I'm not arguing with anyone.

And it hasn't been stated on this thread per say; but over the course of this season, and on this forum, there have many, many references pointing the finger at Adam Dunn.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?