I posted this in tonight's game thread, but it belongs here too ...
Krivsky regarding Bailey, Bruce and Votto on tonight's broadcast in the FSN booth ...
- The "most logical choice" for Homer Bailey starting 2007 is in AAA Louisville.
- Jay Bruce is in instructional league and will likely start 2007 in High-A Sarasota.
- Joey Votto is at a level between AAA Louisville and the Reds.
My translation of the above based off hearing Krivsky say these things on the broadcast is as such ...
- Bailey likely starts 2007 in Louisville with an unspecified chance to reach the Reds during the season.
- Votto will probably start 2007 in Louisville, but has a great chance to reach the Reds during the season.
- Bruce will start 2007 in High-A and further progress up the ladder in 2007 will be based off his performance throughout the season.
The comments are vague to a degree obviously, but based off what I heard, I can't say I disagree with anything Krivsky said regarding Bailey, Bruce and Votto and where they'll be during 2007.
One thing I do worry about with Votto next season is Narron "EE'ing Votto," and what I mean by that is Votto being called up just to sit on the bench while Hatteberg or somebody else continually starts at first base. If Votto is called up, the Reds better be ready to hand him the position, otherwise I'd much rather see him playing regularly for Louisville next season instead of sitting on our bench and not getting in-game reps.
Also interesting to note is that in the discussion of Homer Bailey with Grande and Welsh, Krivsky made the comment that he believes AAA is very important for prospects coming up through the system and that he strongly favors players making a stop in AAA rather than bringing them straight up from AA to the big league club.