Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Backup copies

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Backup copies

I have a quick question for anyone more technical than me. Every time I get a new CD, I make a copy to keep in my van and leave the original in the house. That way I don't have to always carry my collection back and forth depending on where I may want to listen to one. I also have a portable DVD player that I keep in the van so I can watch a movie on the occasion that I have down time during the day and I'm not close to home, or at those times that I do a long out of town run and have to spend a night away from home. The other day I figured that it would be nice to be able to copy some of my movies and keep the copies with the portable and the originals in the house, but the burning software I have won't copy DVDs. I think it has something to do with some copy protection encryption on the DVDs that isn't on music CDs. Does anyone know of a way around this that doesn't involve shelling out a lot of money? I would just like to be able to make backup copies of ones that I've already purchased, so it's not like I have any nefarious motives here. I figure there is something out there that could handle this, preferably something that runs on a Mac. Any ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Backup copies

I sent you a PM with the details of what I use. I love it.

www.slysoft.com
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

ORH - clean out our PMs. It says you have exceeded your limit!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    ORH - clean out our PMs. It says you have exceeded your limit!
    Done.

I guess I'm always lazy about cleaning things up. Just ask my wife.

I sent you an email.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I sent you an email.
    Thanks. I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight, but for now I've got to get going.

They ain't made one yet that can't be copied.

Turn Off Ads?