Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds' Notebook: Weather's coming back? Great Dunn quote and more

Re: Reds' Notebook: Weather's coming back? Great Dunn quote and more

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I can't complain (except for the west coast stretch); it's been a ride this season. I truly hope that they break up the west coast trip next year and have them visit at least twice... probably will, especially with Seattle in the mix (the A's too? I can't remember).

We can always say what if about a lot that happened... 20/20 and all that stuff... but they hit those west coast teams when they were hot; the first half of the season might have been a different story. Oh well, if it wasn't that it would have been something different... but wow, if only they'd won just 3-4 more games... if only.
    The tentative 2007 schedule was posted on Reds Live earlier this week.

It's brutal. May, June, and July are especially rough.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=cin&year=2007
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    According to Fox Sports.com he's on pace for 95 RBI's.
    Oddly enough he still leads the Reds in runs scored for the month of September, that speaks volumns about how bad the team offense has been and how much Dunn gets on base even when he slumps like an A ball player.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    He soooooo looks like Ron Burgandy.
    You stay classy, Cincinnati.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Were you at the game last night?
    My daughter was ALL over the handlebar mustache thing with Dunn...
    she was saying how ugly Dunn looked..(sorry, TB).
    Nope. Pulled it from Marc's blog.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Oddly enough he still leads the Reds in runs scored for the month of September, that speaks volumns about how bad the team offense has been and how much Dunn gets on base even when he slumps like an A ball player.
    God, I am so friggin' tired of hearing about his OBP. He is 21st in the NL in OBP and he's not even 1st on his own team. Since August 1 he's been slugging about .360 and batting .178. And of course he's leading his own team in runs how many actual starters are playing? Runs-wise this is his worst month of the season. Compare his 2004 season to now. OBP 18 points less and his slugging is 69 points less. The Golden God is no more.

I don't think anyone was making reference to a "golden god."

WestofYou's first point was that it showed how poorly the offense has performed in September.

However even in his struggles, he's gotten on base. When he doesn't struggle, he knocks the ball out of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Adam's game has gone straight downhill ever since Texas lost to Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    What kind of possible draft pick compensation are we looking at should all these free agents leave town? Anyone that can help? Interesting if we could get a handful of sandwich picks out of all of it to help restock the farm.
    Those guys just leaving town would be good enough compensation.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    God, I am so friggin' tired of hearing about his OBP. He is 21st in the NL in OBP and he's not even 1st on his own team. Since August 1 he's been slugging about .360 and batting .178. And of course he's leading his own team in runs how many actual starters are playing? Runs-wise this is his worst month of the season. Compare his 2004 season to now. OBP 18 points less and his slugging is 69 points less. The Golden God is no more.
    Blah, blah....I think I mentioned runs.. you know what wins games.

Try and take a breath now and then

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    What kind of possible draft pick compensation are we looking at should all these free agents leave town? Anyone that can help? Interesting if we could get a handful of sandwich picks out of all of it to help restock the farm.
    Assuming that free agent compensation picks don't go the way of 15" pitching mounds during the current CBA discussions, the best bets lie with Weathers and Mercker whom I think could fetch Type B picks. Royce Clayton might fetch a Type C pick and being very charitable, so might Todd Hollandsworth and Scott Schoeneweis. I just don't see Ryan Franklin or Jason Johnson rating in the top 60%. Of course we'll have to wait untill the off-season when the Elias Sports Bureau compiles their rankings to know for sure. The tricky part is, to receive compensation picks for free agents, the Reds must first offer arbitration to these guys. I can see this happening with Weathers, Mercker, and Schoeneweis. The others, not so much but Krivsky did just sign Castro to a two year extension so I guess anything is possible.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Adam must be kidding, he's on pace for 100 ribbies, 100 runs and 100 walks again.
    They way he has been swing the bat lately, He will reach 200 Ks before he reaches 100 RBIs.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Turn Off Ads?