Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Krivsky in the booth, Deno and ...

Krivsky in the booth, Deno and ...

Did anyone catch all of Krivsky's interview with George and Chris last night? I caught most of it. Highlights:

--- Chris launched into the interview with "What will the outfield look like next year?" Krivsky was speechless before eventually saying we'll see in spring training. Safe bet it WON'T look like it does right now.

--- Krivsky said David Ross was the guy among his key positional acquisitions (Phillips, Hatte, Ross) who most exceeded expectations. He said Hatte was a huge key to the season they had because he gave them the depth to deal for Arroyo.

--- Phillips is an option at short as they head into the offseason.

--- Denorfia spent a lot of time looking at video and caught some things he was doing wrong. Likes his versatility in the outfield.

--- Starting pitching was the key to their success.

Didn't hear the end of the interview. Anyone?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Krivsky in the booth, Deno and ...

I got the distinct impression that Kriv was talking mostly to George and not to Chris. Chris was asking him some tough questions (not really, just questions that anyone on this board would have asked) and George was just patting Kriv on the back for Phillips, Arroyo and Ross.

After hearing the interview, and hearing how Kriv made most of his replies to Grande, I found myself thinking, "hey, maybe Welsh won't be back, either..."

The rest of it consisted of the usual fare. He mentioned Votto would start next season in Louisville, and the they would see if Bailey would be in AAA or not and that Special K was not like most who devalued AAA in terms of progressing a player to the Majors. He mentioned another minor leaguer too, but for the life of me I can't remember who. Seems like he said the player would be in AA next year [Jay Bruce is who I feel like it was, but I'm not positive].

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Yay!

He said Bruce would most likely be in Sarasota to start next year.

Also said Deno "plays the game the right way."
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    He said Bruce would most likely be in Sarasota to start next year.

Also said Deno "plays the game the right way."
    Thanks, I was actually talking to the wife during that segment and only half heard it....or did I only half hear her? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Thanks, I was actually talking to the wife during that segment and only half heard it....or did I only half hear her? I can't remember.
    Well, did you remember the part where she gave you the grocery list and that she's going shopping with her friends this weekend?

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

The rest of it consisted of the usual fare. He mentioned Votto would start next season in Louisville, and the they would see if Bailey would be in AAA or not and that Special K was not like most who devalued AAA in terms of progressing a player to the Majors. He mentioned another minor leaguer too, but for the life of me I can't remember who. Seems like he said the player would be in AA next year [Jay Bruce is who I feel like it was, but I'm not positive].
    I've been saying this ad nauseum all season. I can't remember when AAA essentially became the "Reserves" team, but it's been true for 10 to 15 years (maybe after the '94 strike?). I think the Reds were one of the first to sign one-time major league players to a minor league deal coming into spring training and stock them mostly at AAA. We subsequently had many of our top prospects at AA and players were making that two-step jump. Certainly we've seen the rise of the proverbial AAAA player often mentioned here, but also I think we've short circuited players development skipping that higher level prior to coming to the majors (might Ray Olmedo be one such player?)

It should be the rare player who jumps a level and I think, in the long run, the Reds will benefit by Krivsky's restoration of AAA as an actual step in a player's development.

As Heath noted, you'll find out sooner or later whether you were giving her the appropriate attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Well, did you remember the part where she gave you the grocery list and that she's going shopping with her friends this weekend?

I'm fairly sure the talk was about hanging a new porch swing, and her parents coming over for dinner one night.

Or maybe we're havign dinner on the porch swing at her parents.

Or maybe we're going for dinner to her parents and coming home with a new porch wing.

I can't remember. Surely that won't lead to any trouble.

Yay!

Maybe her parents are buying you a new porch swing. (Think optimistic!)
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I posted this in the Down in the Farm forum regarding Krivsky in the booth and him talking about Bailey, Bruce and Votto ...

Krivsky regarding Bailey, Bruce and Votto on tonight's broadcast in the FSN booth ...
    • The "most logical choice" for Homer Bailey starting 2007 is in AAA Louisville.
    • Jay Bruce is in instructional league and will likely start 2007 in High-A Sarasota.
    • Joey Votto is at a level between AAA Louisville and the Reds.

My translation of the above based off hearing Krivsky say these things on the broadcast is as such ...
    • Bailey likely starts 2007 in Louisville with an unspecified chance to reach the Reds during the season.
    • Votto will probably start 2007 in Louisville, but has a great chance to reach the Reds during the season.
    • Bruce will start 2007 in High-A and further progress up the ladder in 2007 will be based off his performance throughout the season.

The comments are vague to a degree obviously, but based off what I heard, I can't say I disagree with anything Krivsky said regarding Bailey, Bruce and Votto and where they'll be during 2007.

One thing I do worry about with Votto next season is Narron "EE'ing Votto," and what I mean by that is Votto being called up just to sit on the bench while Hatteberg or somebody else continually starts at first base. If Votto is called up, the Reds better be ready to hand him the position, otherwise I'd much rather see him playing regularly for Louisville next season instead of sitting on our bench and not getting in-game reps.

Also interesting to note is that in the discussion of Homer Bailey with Grande and Welsh, Krivsky made the comment that he believes AAA is very important for prospects coming up through the system and that he strongly favors players making a stop in AAA rather than bringing them straight up from AA to the big league club.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I thought he sounded like Dan O'Brien.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    One thing I do worry about with Votto next season is Narron "EE'ing Votto," and what I mean by that is Votto being called up just to sit on the bench while Hatteberg or somebody else continually starts at first base. If Votto is called up, the Reds better be ready to hand him the position, otherwise I'd much rather see him playing regularly for Louisville next season instead of sitting on our bench and not getting in-game reps.
    Count on it.
    Deno says hello also.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I've been saying this ad nauseum all season. I can't remember when AAA essentially became the "Reserves" team, but it's been true for 10 to 15 years (maybe after the '94 strike?). I think the Reds were one of the first to sign one-time major league players to a minor league deal coming into spring training and stock them mostly at AAA. We subsequently had many of our top prospects at AA and players were making that two-step jump. Certainly we've seen the rise of the proverbial AAAA player often mentioned here, but also I think we've short circuited players development skipping that higher level prior to coming to the majors (might Ray Olmedo be one such player?)

It should be the rare player who jumps a level and I think, in the long run, the Reds will benefit by Krivsky's restoration of AAA as an actual step in a player's development.
    Agreed whole-heartedly.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

[QUOTE=osuceltic;1169349]
    --- Denorfia spent a lot of time looking at video and caught some things he was doing wrong. Likes his versatility in the outfield.

QUOTE]

HMMM think that would have helped Dunn????? OH i forgot he said that they could take extra batting practice but didnt think that would help anyway!! hmmm guess he didnt think to look at video.. Oh wait he plays Video Games...

Turn Off Ads?