Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Groundhog Day. I can't. Seem. To wake up from this bad dream.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: Groundhog Day. I can't. Seem. To wake up from this bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It's been 11 GD years. That ain't "small" and it ain't "handwringing." It's a baseball holocaust in this once-proud baseball town.
    Too bad the salary structures in MLB are so screwy. Exactly how many teams have won the NL Central crown since it became a division? The NL East since the NL Central became a division?

Interesting.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Yep. That's what he's saying, isn't it?

And I'll take facing the truth over blinking at abject failure any day of the week; I consider shutting your eyes, ears, and mind from the truth to be wallowing.
    First, you are not the standard of "truth" when it comes to the Reds. Second, you have created a false dilemma. Not accepting your "truth" about the state of the Reds is not "shutting your eyes, ears, and mind from the truth." Do you have anything else?

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    First, you are not the standard of "truth" when it comes to the Reds. Second, you have created a false dilemma. Not accepting your "truth" about the state of the Reds is not "shutting your eyes, ears, and mind from the truth." Do you have anything else?
    You don't need me to know the Reds are worse after the flurry of trades. The truth is its own fiery sword.

I can't believe anybody would cry over this team, they overachieved just to have 78 wins and have lucked out as the competition weakened them into contention.

Hey, the Central will have bigger questions next year. Maybe the Brewers finally rise ?

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    I can't believe anybody would cry over this team, they overachieved just to have 78 wins and have lucked out as the competition weakened them into contention.

Hey, the Central will have bigger questions next year. Maybe the Brewers finally rise ?
    Lucid.

Lucid.
    BS

You don't need me to know the Reds are worse after the flurry of trades. The truth is its own fiery sword.
    Oh, you were complaining about Wayne from Spring Training on. The "truth" I was referring to is your former "truth" that Wayne was the answer when O'Brien was screwing things up to your current "truth" that he is clueless and the Reds are doomed.

Man Pills

Oh, you were complaining about Wayne from Spring Training on. The "truth" I was referring to is your former "truth" that Wayne was the answer when O'Brien was screwing things up to your current "truth" that he is clueless and the Reds are doomed.
    I'd go back and show you the thread about how pleased I was with his Arroyo/Pena trade and the Ross acquisition (I was the first to remark on Ross's outstanding bat speed--I believe before he ever hit a single homer), but I think I'd be wasting my time.

So no, I haven't moaned about Wayne consistently. He really had me going for a couple of months. Believe it or not, I'm not at all a negatively biased human being, as counterintuitive as that might sound; I know it's cognitively richer for many on here to assume such a thing and lump me among some prefashioned "peanut gallery." It's easy. It's dramatic. It sets up oppositions, however, that don't exist. The "truth" is, I'm a downright brutally fair person if I know someone's doing/done right by the franchise, even when that person fails (cf. Jason Larue).

I'd go back and show you the thread about how pleased I was with his Arroyo/Pena trade and the Ross acquisition (I was the first to remark on Ross's outstanding bat speed--I believe before he ever hit a single homer), but I think I'd be wasting my time.

So no, I haven't moaned about Wayne consistently. He really had me going for a couple of months. Believe it or not, I'm not at all a negatively biased human being, as counterintuitive as that might sound; I know it's cognitively richer for many on here to assume such a thing and lump me among some prefashioned "peanut gallery." It's easy. It's dramatic. It sets up oppositions, however, that don't exist. The "truth" is, I'm a downright brutally fair person if I know someone's doing/done right by the franchise, even when that person fails (cf. Jason Larue).
    Yes, go ahead. Digging out past posts hasn't fared real well for ya lately, so if you can exhibit that, but for a little ray of sunshine you saw in the Arroyo trade, you were on board, go for it. My memory is telling me that was the first time you had a positive thing to say and it was short-lived.

As for the rest, I only oppose you based on what you say. To think that opposing you is for dramatic effect is overstating your importance just a wee bit.

Man Pills

To think that opposing you is for dramatic effect is overstating your importance just a wee bit.
    Right, because you don't pull similar imperious waves of the hand with other posters. You just find a certain piquancy in repeatedly aiming your silliness my direction.

You coined the "peanut gallery" dismissiveness, and have wielded that garbage with several posters, not just me. But nice try.

Man Pills

Yes, go ahead. Digging out past posts hasn't fared real well for ya lately, so if you can exhibit that, but for a little ray of sunshine you saw in the Arroyo trade, you were on board, go for it. My memory is telling me that was the first time you had a positive thing to say and it was short-lived.

As for the rest, I only oppose you based on what you say. To think that opposing you is for dramatic effect is overstating your importance just a wee bit.
    Ross has got a deceptively quick bat, to my eyes.
    Quoted Easter Sunday, 2006

Very good post. This trade puts me squarely in the Krivsky's got balls camp. Hats off to the guy on this one.
    Quoted the day of the Pena/Arroyo trade

Back at ya, baby. See what I mean about playing that "dig up old posts" game? We can go back and forth forever with smearing one another if you'd like. But you don't want that. No one does.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 09-28-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Right, because you don't pull similar imperious waves of the hand with other posters. You just find a certain piquancy in repeatedly aiming your silliness my direction.

You coined the "peanut gallery" dismissiveness, and have wielded that garbage with several posters, not just me. But nice try.
    I did? I don't recall coining anything. I'm like the Steelers, no original material, just mock or slam what others are doing. Ya know, just sayin'

As for your "praise," don't be looking for any calls from someone to represent them in an arbitration hearing if that's being in someone's camp.
    Last edited by traderumor; 09-28-2006 at 09:13 PM.

Turn Off Ads?