Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA: Midwest Top 20

BA: Midwest Top 20

Jay Bruce #1, Johnny Cueto #12, no Travis Wood kind of suprising.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: BA: Midwest Top 20

I am a little surprised by this, due to the amount of love Justin Upton gets at times from BA. I am also surprised with the missing Travis Wood.

Travis Wood definately deserves mention on that list.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

In the chat they said that he did come close but it is a very deep league.

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am a little surprised by this, due to the amount of love Justin Upton gets at times from BA.
    .263/.343/.413 with 12 HRs, 15/7 SB/CS, and a 96/55 K/BB is a little disappointing, given his supposedly incredible tools.

It is disappointing, but he was the unanimous top player in the draft last year, has more "tools" than anyone and ranked preseason top 10 for nearly everyone. Just a little surprised that he got the nod thats all....not that I dont think he deserves it, I would put him ahead of Upton as well, but most places like BA rely heavily on projection and tools

It is disappointing, but he was the unanimous top player in the draft last year, has more "tools" than anyone and ranked preseason top 10 for nearly everyone. Just a little surprised that he got the nod thats all....not that I dont think he deserves it, I would put him ahead of Upton as well, but most places like BA rely heavily on projection and tools
    Isn't that the job of BA? To project the futures of prospects? If not, Denorfia would be ranked ahead of Upton as well...

Well yes, you do need to rely on tools and projections, but current ability and stats need to come into play as well. I can bet you if Drew Stubbs went off for a .315/.400/.600 line in the Pioneer League, he would have been higher than the #7 prospect in the league. Instead he hit .252.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I wonder if Bruce is going to be a favorite of the ladies. Maybe the Redszone female contingent can answer that better than I.

Well yes, you do need to rely on tools and projections, but current ability and stats need to come into play as well. I can bet you if Drew Stubbs went off for a .315/.400/.600 line in the Pioneer League, he would have been higher than the #7 prospect in the league. Instead he hit .252.
    Yeah, but if it went on pure current stats and performance Stubbs would be lucky to be on the list.

Bruce looks like a momma's boy.

He looks like a beefier version of Clay Aiken. I don't know if the ladies are into that or not JM.

Talk about scorching the Wood bandwagon for no apparent reason. I know he had some struggles down the stretch, but how the crap does that drop him below Pedro Ciriaco?! How does 45 errors and a .628OPS crack the top 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Talk about scorching the Wood bandwagon for no apparent reason. I know he had some struggles down the stretch, but how the crap does that drop him below Pedro Ciriaco?! How does 45 errors and a .628OPS crack the top 20?
    Well he is 20, weighs 150 pounds and plays SS. One the bright side he is from the same city that Alfonso Soriano and Sammy Sosa are from, so maybe they think its something in the water.....?

Makes no sense at all.

From the BA chat on the Midwest League:

"Wood would have been in the #26-30 range, in part because it's a deep league. His stuff isn't really comparable to McGee's, though. Wood does have that nifty changeup, the best in the league, but his fastball was 87-91 (down from the consistent low 90s he showed as a high school senior) and his curveball was mediocre. The potential is there, sure, but in terms of lefties, Jacob McGee is well ahead of him."
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?